Can i use these rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brettdis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So im new to salt water. Tanks been up and running for about a month. 65 gallon. We have 25 pounds of live rock. I know we need more. We have 3 blue damsils to help cycle it. I love rocks. I have hundreds of small rocks i’ve collected from all over. I just keep them in jars. They are currently dry. Can i put them in my tank? My thinking is they are rocks. So why not? Thought i should ask before i added them. Thanks

I agree with Sniperhank. First, if you have a 65 gallon, you want some decent size rocks. Unless you have a really big jar, sounds more like rubble. One of the most expensive thing in this hobby is Rocks for our aquariums. Paying for rocks by the pound is not cheap. But I will add, it is the most important thing when it comes to natural filtration.

thanks. We have 25 pounds of live rock currently. the store didn't have anymore. They won't have anymore in for about a month. I'm not trying to avoid the expense of live rock. Just can't get any. I was just hoping to put a layer of real rock on the bottom to cover the glass. We don't want to go the sand route. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom