can i add fish yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbarb1111

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's been two weeks since i set up tank. Tank appears to have gone through cycle, all tests for Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are o.
I have had snails and a few small crabs in tank for 3 or four days. Is it ok to add fish, if yes how many, or should i wait longer LFS also tested water and got same results. I have live rock and LFS advises not to start skimmer for 2 months.

Thanks

Did the tank ever start the cycle? Did you find that the ammonia levels rose and fell, then the nitrite levels rose and fell? 2 weeks is a short period of time for a tank to cycle, its not unheard of but quick. If the tank has indeed cycled then you could probably do a 20% water change and add a fish..just don't over do it with the fish...add slowly not all at once. HTH

ammonia went up the day after i put in the live rock lasted for a couple of days then went to 0. Same with nitrites. Nitrates never went up. Everything has been at 0 for one week now.

Sounds good to me...

Sounds to me like it is time to begin to add fish. Don't do it all at once. Get 1 or 2 fish only at to start. Each time you make an addition to the tank, allow the tank to adjust before making more additions.

Back
Top Bottom