Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Can I get a sexy shrimp??!!

Just thinking that I might be able to get a sexy Shrimp in the 30g FOWLR!! I so hope so!!! Here's what my daughter and I are thinking of for stocking this tank:
1 cleaner shrimp
1 oscellaris clown
1 Firefish
1 half black dwarf angel
1 yellow head jawfish
1 yellowfin flasher wrasse (supposedly a reef safe wrasse)

Would the jawfish eat the sexy shrimp? You think Any pose a threat?
__________________

__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
danbstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
Just thinking that I might be able to get a sexy Shrimp in the 30g FOWLR!! I so hope so!!! Here's what my daughter and I are thinking of for stocking this tank:
1 cleaner shrimp
1 oscellaris clown
1 Firefish
1 half black dwarf angel
1 yellow head jawfish
1 yellowfin flasher wrasse (supposedly a reef safe wrasse)

Would the jawfish eat the sexy shrimp? You think Any pose a threat?
Id be more worried about dwarf angel eating it my coral beauty wreaked havoc in my tank
__________________

__________________
danbstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

Id be more worried about dwarf angel eating it my coral beauty wreaked havoc in my tank
What do you mean by "wreaked havoc"?? I've had my dwarf for a little while, moved him out of reef tank cuz he was eating coral, but never saw him messing with crabs, hermits or snails. What dis yours do? Do dwarf angels usually eat inverts??
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
danbstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl

What do you mean by "wreaked havoc"?? I've had my dwarf for a little while, moved him out of reef tank cuz he was eating coral, but never saw him messing with crabs, hermits or snails. What dis yours do? Do dwarf angels usually eat inverts??
Yes ate coral imo i wouldn trust it around sexy shrimp cause their so small but each one is different
__________________
danbstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Beengirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,308
Yeah, from what I read it's a 50/50 chance they'll eat corals. My half black ate over $100 in coral Took mine out of the 55g and put in the 30g FOWLR that I just started. The fish and I are both happy now.
__________________
Beengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rim, sexy shrimp, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.