Shrimp in a community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chacejasper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all
I am new to this forum, and I wanted to ask a question about shrimp in a community aquarium. I hav an 80L tank, which has 1 angel fish, 3 rummy nose, 3 black widow tetra, 3 neon tetra, 3 glow light tetras and a few bottom dwellers. I am thinking of putting some shrimp in here, would that be a safe option? I know amano shrimps r a decent size, but I wanted a professional opinion.

I keep amano shrimp with my elephant noses without any problems. My only concern would be your angel fish.

Yeah I've heard people say that, would she be alright with some amanos?

The only way to find out is by giving it a go. Do you have plants? Places they can hide?

Yeah I have a large clump of Java moss, some crip on a log as well as floating edodea. There is a log in the centre of the tank, and an artificial car decoration which is hollow and they can hide in it. Im thinking of buying more plants though to have more hiding spots

Yep the more you add the better. I'd give the shrimp a try just don't buy lot's incase they get eaten! My biggest elephant nose is over 12inches and he doesn't bother my amano they've been in with him for 9 years without any issues.

Much thanks, I'll buy more plants. My angel fish is about 2.5-3 inches

Back
Top Bottom