Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds great! I am glad that the Wrasse is settling in. Sorry that I can't help with your Butterfly questions, I am just starting to learn about them. :)

All good. Maybe someone will know. I have read they can be kept in multiples but should be introduced all at the same time. Just wondering if I can add one now that I have one already. :)

I am sure you have heard this multiple times before, but maybe you could try removing your current Butterfly, rearranging rock work, adding new fish, and then adding the Klein's back again. That does sound like a pain though, lol.

Yeah, that would be an option. I can't see the kleins being aggressive though, kinda a wimpy fish. Unless it's feeding time then he's an aggressive eater. I've added several fish and so far the wrasses are the most obnoxious. lol

Yeah, that would be an option. I can't see the kleins being aggressive though, kinda a wimpy fish. Unless it's feeding time then he's an aggressive eater. I've added several fish and so far the wrasses are the most obnoxious. lol

Yeah, maybe you could get the next Butterfly a little bigger just to make sure. Do you have a relationship with your LFS that if your new Butterfly was not accepted, they would take it back?

Cool, I love Heniochus! They are both labeled as peaceful, and the Heniochos grows a little bigger, so I think he is a nice choice. I just hope that they get along, lol.

I just added the heniochus butterfly to my tank last week. Great looking fish, not shy at all and eats most everything I put in the tank.

That wrasse looks a lot like an orange back fairy, except it's back is yellow rather than orange but I think it can be more yellow than orange on some....

I guess i will be happy with knowing its a fairy. LOL Funny little fish. he doesn't seem to mingle with the other fish and kinda swims near the sandbed.

We also have named the flame hawk, his name is sumo. :-D Like the japanese wrestlers, the fish has these crazy eyebrows LOL

Really enjoying this tank, stocking it has been fun. heck doing the build was fun too. hehe...

Can't wait for that tang to come back into stock. Hopefully it will be soon. And the butterfly I linked above is out of stock too. :-( It'll be good to let the tank sit for a bit I'm guessing, i added a lot of fish in a short time. No spikes in parameters yet. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I have coralline growing on the overflow and some of the base rock! havent seen it spread so quick before here's hoping it doesn't get too bad like in the 125g. At least I don't have any corals in this tank for the coralline to kill.

Still debating the last few fish i can add....it has to be something small just not sure what yet.

Best of luck on getting those two fish! The Tang has been out of stock for a while now, hopefully that means that he will be back soon. I know LA keeps them for a little while before they go on the website which I love. Hopefully they have a few getting close to the end of their QT period!

It's also my birthday present. lol Hoping the b/f doesnt forget that he promised to buy me that tang. :-D I don't think I will let him forget though.

It's also my birthday present. lol Hoping the b/f doesnt forget that he promised to buy me that tang. :-D I don't think I will let him forget though.

LOL, I was wondering what you got for your birthday. That Tang is so awesome! "Too many Tangs, too little gallons, lol." That is how I look at it for myself, :lol:.

For me anyway, I am perfectly happy with just the 3 tangs. :) I wouldn't be against another one but I dont' feel the need, at least right now.

Yeah, I hav a list of my favorites, and then some I really like, but not a must-have. :) Tangs are probably my favorite fish though. :-D

So far the fish are all getting along and eating really well, especially the butterfly. lol I've been testing daily and have had no ammonia spikes or any nitrites so I think the tank is pretty stable.

I wanted another butterfly and a couple small wrasses BUT I might have to change some stocking. What do you guys think of me moving my B&W clowns, my engineer goby and the barnacle blenny to this tank? I'm getting alot of aggression from the barnacle blenny so I need to separate him from the 20g tank. I figure the 90g is semi aggressive kinda so he should fit right in. The only thing I'm worried about is the barnacle is only about 2 inches long and won't be getting any bigger. lol

I wasn't going to put clowns in the 90g at all and was planning on moving the clowns to the new 60g tank but I think they will be too big in that tank as the 60g is gonna be all micro fish. So do I move the clowns in?
And the engineer goby I knew I would have to move so he should be fine I think, he's getting too big for the 20g and he will be kinda big in the 60g too.

Please help me decide if I should go ahead and move them or if you have any other suggestions. :) Always looking for new ideas and other solutions so fire away!

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom