Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #851
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Funny you mentioned the porkfish, I was just considering it! I think I'm gonna go with the bi color goatfish though.

LA is having a super sale this week, so many things I'd like to get! lol

Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #852
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
Funny you mentioned the porkfish, I was just considering it! I think I'm gonna go with the bi color goatfish though.

LA is having a super sale this week, so many things I'd like to get! lol
I like the Bicolor too! I have been thinking of making my 55g a FOWLR, with cool fish like the Bream and Bicolor.

La is having a sale? Cool! I will use the ich be gone spell on my 125g and have it be gone, lol, that way I can order some critters.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #853
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The last few weeks or so have been very hard on this tank. Todays horror story is that the yellow Bream is missing. :-( Since he was so tiny I checked the overflow in back and even the filter sock with no luck.

To be honest, I am getting really frustrated and depressed. I'm at the point of questioning if I should even be keeping fish. I know it's just a setback but it really bothers me to lose fish in any way. The poor little Bream, I almost knew he was gonna be iffy when I first got him he was so small.

Just venting a bit, maybe make myself feel a little better. Being as I have no life outside of my fish tanks these incidents really strike home.

not sure what I will do now. I really liked the bream, he was an awesome cool little guy. So now the fish list is even shorter in this tank. :-(
Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #854
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear that Carey. I know it may be hard at the moment but don't let it get you down. You do a great job of giving these creatures a good home. Things will look better tomorrow. I am sure of it.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #855
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks for the kind words. I literally do everything I can for these guys to have a great life. Hopefully tomorrow won't bring any more bad news.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #856
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry carey. But like you said, he was smaller than you thought he would be when you got him. If anything it is LA's fault, not yours.

You do a fantastic job keeping fish, I struggle myself with less tanks than you have! That shows how good you are. You haven't had ich once, and your fish always look very happy!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #857
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL. Well if you say they look happy then I guess they must be! hehe....

For sure going to look for bigger fish to put in this tank, the one inch fish was just too much I guess. Would have been great to raise him up from a tiny baby to a full size guy. :-(

I'm keeping busy, planning on a water change for the 125g and the 90g tonight so my 60g of water are mixing. Who knows, maybe, just maybe the bream is still in there somewhere.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #858
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sorry Carey it's been a bad week for you. I'm still voting for the bird beak burrfish.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #859
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
LOL. Well if you say they look happy then I guess they must be! hehe....

For sure going to look for bigger fish to put in this tank, the one inch fish was just too much I guess. Would have been great to raise him up from a tiny baby to a full size guy. :-(

I'm keeping busy, planning on a water change for the 125g and the 90g tonight so my 60g of water are mixing. Who knows, maybe, just maybe the bream is still in there somewhere.
Oh yeah, I was also going to say that he could be hiding like Candy or the Yellow Watchman did!

I wanted to ask you....waht is your water change system? (like as far as taking water out, where does it go, putting water back in, how you get it there, how long it all takes etc.) Thanks.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #860
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks Honda. You have got me to actually considering a puffer. lol Just a little bit though, still havent done any research on them to see what their deal is and if it would be compatible with the fish I have and the ones i still want.

Tags
build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com