Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great minds think alike,lol. It's not the most flashy tang but I really like her. Still not very social but she is getting better. :)

Funny!! I did send the box yesterday, my son has stomach flu and that was all we did yesterday besides doctors office. Pm me your email and I can forward the tracking #, I think they said Weds.

It's fine Lefty, it will be here this upcoming week I'm sure. If not we can track it then. :)

Thanks again, your part is a much needed piece of my 60g puzzle! lol

I couldnt resist today. lol I went fish shopping and ran into an african midas blenny!! He is so cool. Paid $45 bucks for him, this one better not disappear like my last one did. LOL I wasn't sure which tank to put him in but figured the 90g has the most room. Acclimated for over an hour and he went into the tank and found a hidey hole immediately. I managed to get one shot of him, his hidey hole is on the back of the rocks, figures! LOL

img_1816378_0_df9390cd20db966a10c85c7f75c60aec.jpg

I couldnt resist today. lol I went fish shopping and ran into an african midas blenny!! He is so cool. Paid $45 bucks for him, this one better not disappear like my last one did. LOL I wasn't sure which tank to put him in but figured the 90g has the most room. Acclimated for over an hour and he went into the tank and found a hidey hole immediately. I managed to get one shot of him, his hidey hole is on the back of the rocks, figures! LOL

img_1817185_0_df9390cd20db966a10c85c7f75c60aec.jpg

Great! Congrats! I bet you're happy you found one!

Last edited:
carey said:

The big glitch whit mts eh lol

I like the blue on the bottom. :) I already decided i am going to get a flame angel and that tang i want. Then I am pretty sure I'll be done.

I like the blue on the bottom. :) I already decided i am going to get a flame angel and that tang i want. Then I am pretty sure I'll be done.

Nice, I love Flame Angels because they are EXTREMELY colorful.

Great last two choices! (y)

Woke up this morning and couldn't find the butterfly. :-( Found him under some rocks getting feasted on. Not sure why he died, water is good and he was fine last night, eating like a pig as ususal.

This has been a hard week on the 90g. First the midas jumping blenny and now the kleins butterfly. Total bummer.....

Thanks. I hate loosing fish with no apparent cause. That butterfly was one of my favorites too.

And this is why I HATE when people buy these fish thinking they can keep them. These fish are beautiful but need to be left in the ocean. Yet no matter how many times someone looses one everyone seems to think they will be the exception.

Sucks but it happens more often then not with this fish.

Thanks. I'm still really bummed, I keep looking at the tank and it seems so empty now without the butterfly and midas. They were the most active fish in there. :-(

That tang I want is still out of stock too so no idea when I'll be adding fish again to this tank. I won't be replacing the butterfly with another but will consider ideas for filling that fish slot.

Trying not to get too depressed, so give me some ideas on another fish to add other than the Tang. It doesn't have to be reef safe so it can be most anything.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the thoughts, I'm getting weepy just typing this out so take my mind off it and give me some fish options. You know you wanna, gets everyone involved since everyone on this site love fish.

And this is why I HATE when people buy these fish thinking they can keep them. These fish are beautiful but need to be left in the ocean. Yet no matter how many times someone looses one everyone seems to think they will be the exception.

Sucks but it happens more often then not with this fish.

It wasn't a copperband or a difficult butterfly. I researched extensively for the best option that had the best survival rate in home aquaria. If you read up a bit, this particular butterfly had the best chance in a home aquarium.

I appreciate the thought though, I too think there are some fish best left in the ocean, just tried to the absolute best of my abilities and failed.

Back
Top Bottom