Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would bring it to petco with a picture of what it is and not leave with a fish in hand and a credit or a real goby.

Yeah, i should do that. I know they won't refund me or accept returns, I asked ahead of time. BUT this is a special situation. Returning it also means breaking down the tank to get him out. I was gonna do a tank breakdown next week to get the candycane out so I can put that in the pico that is due tomorrow.

All these plans. LOL

I will say that I lost my respect for the marine biologist in training that sold me this fish at petco. He should know better. At least this fish eats. :)

On that note I have to mention that my scooter is eating most of the stuff I'm feeding the tank, he loves bloodworms! go figure...

In retrospect, I'm really glad I got the scooter, I love watching him and he is so mellow. I kinda wish I had gotten an ORA mandarin, but oh well, maybe one day soon for the 125g. ;-)

carey said:
In retrospect, I'm really glad I got the scooter, I love watching him and he is so mellow. I kinda wish I had gotten an ORA mandarin, but oh well, maybe one day soon for the 125g. ;-)

I'm still wondering what is it about the mandarin? Is it the colors? The personality? What?! Haha

I love mandarins...really beautiful and cheap because they are so common in the trade. My LFS sells them for 15 dollars a piece and they have 10 of em at any given time.

Joyler said:
Well...I'll agree the colors are nice...but what's with the obsession?

Part is the beauty of the fish and to be honest the other part is the challenge. Lol. These aren't your everyday fish. I really dig the colors too I'm kinda a hippy tie dye chuck hehe

Is the challenge getting them to eat? Sorry...guess I don't know much about them

I want a mandarin sooooooooo bad! I don't know squat about saltwater yet... But I will have one! Lol.

Well...I'll agree the colors are nice...but what's with the obsession?

because it is a very neat looking fish! With the coloration and the way it moves, reminds me of an underwater hummingbird. :)

carey said:
Got an update for those who follow this thread, all 3 of you LOL.

I haven't put in the media basket and fuge yet, I had to glue on of the pieces, stupid thing got broken in transit. hehee.... I also need to get myself a fuge light, anyone have any suggestions?

And I have a new addition to this tank. It was sold as a red striped sleeper goby but my research isn't confirming that.

Here's the picture...anyone know what else this guy may be called?

It looks like a red striped goby,but websites say it only gets to be an inch long.

Yeah he is def bigger than an inch. I already have a one inch red striped goby. This one is also called a lizard blenny his eyes move like a reptiles. Its really cool to watch him.

Compared to leopard wrasses, mandarin gobys are for newbs haha. My LFS went through 6 before they found a pair that lived and actually bred in their 800g display.

Quick question Carey. How long would it take the water to settle in a 20 g...the gravel was taken out and a bag of 20 lb sand was put in...it's been about 6 hours and still super cloudy. Should we have a power head on or off? It's off right now. The tank is empty...should we put the LR back in? Our 6 g was much quicker than this...help:)

I would put the live rock back in first off and let it settle overnight. My pod tank took over a day to clear up. I'd leave off the powerhead for now but keep whatever filter you have running I;d think to help clear it up.

Hope that helps. :-D

Back
Top Bottom