Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #841
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just took a new video of the tanks! It's a little longer than usual but it shows all the saltwater tanks pretty much. lol AND if you watch it make sure you wait til the end, cause i thought I turned off the camera but didnt for a few seconds. LOL I LOL'ed when I heard it played back. lol

Enjoy! And yes, I do need to clean the algae off the bottom edges of the tank! LOL

180g 90g - YouTube

Old 01-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #842
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
LOL...great narration!

Old 01-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #843
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great video. Did you add the Tomini after the others or before? How do they get along? I was considering adding my Tomini in with a Chevron but I think I may be asking for trouble.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #844
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The yellow was first and then within a few weeks i added both the blue hippo and tomini. I really do like the tomini though, always the first one to come out and look for food, very personable. The yellow and blue are still quite shy even after a couple years but the tomini doesnt seem to care who is near the tank. lol
I've been tryin without success to add a naso over the last few months with no luck. I will say the tomini was always out and checking out the new fish, not attacking it or anything but he defintiely wasnt afraid.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #845
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I may just stick with the original plan of keeping the Tomini in the frag tank and trying a Purple Tang with my Chevron. I'm leery that the two Bristletooth Tangs are just too similar & the Chevron will get picked on.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #846
Aquarium Advice Addict

I loved the extra long video! You should set up a webcam on Ustream so we can watch the tank 24/7! LOL

Isn't funny how fish change? I remember the Tomini being shy when he was first introduced, but not anymore!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #847
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just updating this tanks progress. So far everything in it is doing just fine. Parameters are all stable, nitrates are lingering around 20-30 though, I had hoped the biopellet reactor would have had some effect on it but not really, so far anyways.
I moved all the corals out so no more coral munching from my filefish. lol
I now have the lights at 50%-50% and the leathers i have in are doing well again.

BUT, there is always a BUT with me it seems.......

My good friend for several years who keeps a large fowlr is thinking of switching the tank to freshwater so she is looking possibly to re-home the few fish she has. The snowy eel is staying with her but she has a med size desjardini salifin tang and a med brisltetooth tang which she will have no room for.

What do you guys think of me trying to add them to this tank? I know one tang should be fine, but having second thoughts about the second one. Granted the bristletooth doesnt require a super large tank, but I worry about the bioload in total. Think it's doable? I'm really leaning towards taking them both but would like some opinions.

let me know what y'all think!

Thanks everybody!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #848
Aquarium Advice Addict

What do you currently have in there now? Sorry, I lost track.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:56 AM   #849
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL, I lose track too sometimes

blue tang
yellow tang
tomini tang
pair of filefish
5 lil green chromis
lawnmower blenny
combtooth blenny
pink spotted goby
citron goby
pair of b&w clowns
falco hawkfish
arc eye hawk
Midas blenny
melanurus wrasse

I think thats everyone. it seems like sooo many fish when I write it out, but in reality there arent many that actually swim about, most are kinda small and you actually have to search for some. lol Just counted them out, it appears to be 20! geez! lol

Anyways, plenty of room still, it's more the bioload I am worried about
Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 AM   #850
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

id be more worried with the Desjar and yellow fighting. it can get really ugly. if the desjar is noticeably bigger than the yellow, should be ok. other than that, id say you are ok. in reality you would have 5 decent sized fish (can we rename this Carey's Tang Tank?)

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com