Carey's Final Reef Upgrade- 180g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I'd jump on it for that price. :) I paid $75 for one of mine and $90 for the other.

The new yellow coris wrasse has settled in I think, he is swimming around and ate some frozen food today. No pellets, but I can work around that. lol

I am hoping to pick up my new stand for the 60g tomorrow and if the lfs guy has any chromis I am gonna pick up another half dozen for this tank. I sooo love how they school and it gives such movement to the tank. It's been what, three months since I set this tank up? I havent lost a chromi yet so I feel good about getting some more. lol

Yeah, I'd jump on it for that price. :) I paid $75 for one of mine and $90 for the other.

The new yellow coris wrasse has settled in I think, he is swimming around and ate some frozen food today. No pellets, but I can work around that. lol

I am hoping to pick up my new stand for the 60g tomorrow and if the lfs guy has any chromis I am gonna pick up another half dozen for this tank. I sooo love how they school and it gives such movement to the tank. It's been what, three months since I set this tank up? I havent lost a chromi yet so I feel good about getting some more. lol

I love the Chromis schools, they are quite stunning! Awesome about the Wrasse, yay! For me, it is such a relief when a new addition eats okay.

I know, I cant feel confident about a fish until I see them eat. Crazy I know, but it makes me sleep better at night. lol

Been a good day for the 180g. :) lol

Changed the filter sock out, replaced some biopellets in the reactor and did a 60g water change. :)

Hopefully my toadstool will perk up a bit, he hasnt been looking the same since I moved it from the 125g over to this tank.

I'm hoping to get some chromis tomorrow AND maybe the two tangs I need. Kinda depends as I dont want to add a boat load of fish even though I am confident the bio filtration can handle it. I'm thinking the yellow tang to replace the yellow I lost and an orange shoulder. Sometimes they have more rare tangs that I dont see often so depending on size I will consider what they have in stock.

my vote is still for the Lt Tang, but the orange shoulder is a very similar tang. i was at the store this past weekend and seen what had to be an orangeshoulder/lt tang hybrid. dont evenr eally know if thats physically possible but he def had both the "vampire" bite marks and the big orangesholuder marking

Regarding the Tang mix...I'm seeing some pretty cool pictures coming from Vanuatu of dwarf angel hybrids and morphs. It is possible. Too expensive for me though.

I had 7 chromis but one went into the overflow and then disappeared. I still have the remaining six with no losses. I think I am doing well as far as chromis, they usually kill each other off til you have like 2 left lol

Cant wait to see what the stores have as far as tangs. A yellow wont be hard to find but the last tang will just be a matter of what they have instock, what looks healthy and when it came in. i dont want any new arrivals, makes more sense to get one thats been in the store tank for a few weeks

I keep looking at and wanting a tang or multiple tangs for the 150, but since I just moved everything over a couple of weeks ago I'm trying to be patient with myself and my decisions for a little bit while I let the set up mature a bit, also other than a yellow eye cole I'm not sure what I would like to put in there

My LFS just got white tail kole tangs, pretty awesome if you can find one of these

Carey I'm buying a 180 gal on Friday what size sump would you recommend for this size tank? I'm getting a 100 and 60 with it as well

My 180g came with a 40b sump. I would say the bigger the better, see which one will fit under the stand. If you are going to do a refugium then you will need bigger than I have. :)
Does it come with a skimmer and sump setup already? Or are you just buying the tanks?
Cause keep in mind the skimmer will be a beast for this size tank and the sump will need to fit it....I have an incredible amount of room in mine for it only being a 40 breeder lol

I'm just buying the tanks on there own I will be getting them drilled and building a new stand out of steel to fit any size tank it will be my first ever tank with a sump haha

Nice!! Grats!! I really love the 180g footprint, so much more room to rockscape, youre gonna love it!

How are you drilling it? Two sets of holes on each side or a single center overflow?

Carey I picked up a wp40 yesterday and put it in my tank it's got a dial on it and it seems like it does nothing can you tell me what it does I bought it second hand

You have to set the program first and then dial in the intensity. If you take a photo i can tell if its a second gen or first gen controller. There is more functionality with the second gen ones.... Would need to know which gen to advise you more specifically. :)

I recently bought a bullet goby and a new tang, a medium large one that is related to a mustard tang, dont know much more than that unfortunately. lol

Back
Top Bottom