Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have enough money for either 5 blue reef chromis and the midas blenny OR I can order the hanna testers for alkalinity and calcium.

Which would you guys buy?

Let me think on that a bit, ok, that is enough. FISH!!! LOL I love my blue/green chormis. They add a lot of action to the tank. Thought they would school more but they venture out on there own a lot. The smallest one has attached to my Kole Yellow Eye like a puppy. LOL

Thanks!

i'm leaning towards the fish myself lol. It would be nice if they would school, I'm kinda hoping they will bring out the other fish a bit more. My blue tang is still kinda skittish and the tomini is just plain shy.

I'm wanting 3-4 blue reef chromis for my 40 so if u go with the fish let me know if the look as cool in person as they do in pictures. The blue green chromis are ok but those blue reefs pop in the pictures I've seen

I'm wanting 3-4 blue reef chromis for my 40 so if u go with the fish let me know if the look as cool in person as they do in pictures. The blue green chromis are ok but those blue reefs pop in the pictures I've seen

I agree but they didn't have any at the LFS. LOL But that is ok. I still like mine. :lol:

I've seen the blue reefs in person, and to be honest they weren't as blue as they are online. BUT I still intend to go ahead with them. From what I read alot depends on their diet to keep the colors so vibrant.

rdnelson99 said:
I agree but they didn't have any at the LFS. LOL But that is ok. I still like mine. :lol:

We have 4? In our 75g because of that. It is pretty sweet how they live up to their name depending on angle? I've seen ours almost emerald green and they flash and then vivid blue.

I'm just dying to order the darn fish now LOL, BUT I also want a midas blenny and I'm sure not gonna pay twice for shipping. hehe so I am just waiting for the blenny to come back into stock.

We have 4? In our 75g because of that. It is pretty sweet how they live up to their name depending on angle? I've seen ours almost emerald green and they flash and then vivid blue.

Mine as well. Do you have any problems with having an even number? Several people on this site as well as at the LFS said it is best to have an odd number with them. Not sure why but who am I to argue???? LOL

I WAS gonna go with four but I heard the same thing, odd numbers are key. LOL So I figure 5 will do it and that many might actually school. fingers crossed*** I think that would look totally awesome in six feet of tank.

Wanted to go with 5 myself but figured if I did that I couldn't do the diamond goby I want to get. I think the more you have the more they will school.

Back in my FW days, I cam close to filling this 45 with nothing but plants and a ton of neons. Watching an moving purple cloud all day would be cool as........

Yep, it's decided then, next purchase will be the chromis. Who needs stinking testers anyways? lol

the only thing thats keeping me going is to finally finish this stocking. it's been months and months and I'm still only half full pretty much.

I also wanna say that my three tangs are all acting well and behaving themselves, after the first night it was easy as pie. I got soo lucky with them. They've been swimming around together ALL day, I;ve been watching them from across the room. If i get too close they all hide but the yellow one. hehe My clowns even came out for a bit from their corner which is pretty rare. Between the midas and 5 more fish I think there will be some decent activity in here. :-D

Also have to put in the last four bulbs today, will post pictures to see what you guys think. I;m debating whether I wanna redo the rtank tonight while the light is off or put it off. I can be a procrastinator alot of times.

I also think the tank will have lots of activity with the Midas and Chromis. I would work on the tank with the lights on, because I know that your Blue Hippo Tomini like to sleep in the rocks, and you don't want them to accidently get crushed.

Yeah, I was worried about the blue tang, he loves the rockwork lol. I;m hoping they will just stay to one side while I'm tinkering around. Only the clowns come near me when I'm in the tank usually. And the tomin also loves tohide in intricate rockwork. I was hoping to get more rock in the tank to also psuh the fish out to the front more, I have alot of space behind my rocks and they always hang out there it seems. lol
I still have to watch out for my sea hare as he belnds right into the rockwork and my lawnmower blenny , another rock dweller. And if I get lucky I might be able to scoop out the possible shrimp killer, my pistol shrimp.

Yeah, I was worried about the blue tang, he loves the rockwork lol. I;m hoping they will just stay to one side while I'm tinkering around. Only the clowns come near me when I'm in the tank usually. And the tomin also loves tohide in intricate rockwork. I was hoping to get more rock in the tank to also psuh the fish out to the front more, I have alot of space behind my rocks and they always hang out there it seems. lol
I still have to watch out for my sea hare as he belnds right into the rockwork and my lawnmower blenny , another rock dweller. And if I get lucky I might be able to scoop out the possible shrimp killer, my pistol shrimp.

I was just curious, Do you have any pictures of your Sea Hare? Good luck with your shrimp! If you catch him you could add some more Cleaners or Fire Shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom