Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless it's not the pistol killing them..I also suspect the goby as well. But I know I cant catch him lol

here's an older picture of bob the seahare

img_1555602_0_3ba07832c2f46bebaba6d3983d2ad295.jpg

ive never been interested in the blenny's but i saw one at the store the other day and was like omg i want it... tank needs to finish it's cycle quick!

Sea hares are giant slugs pretty much. lol they will eat through an entire tank of algae in days. I supplement his food with algae sheets now since I have like no algae anymore. he's also grown from about 2 inches to probably over 6 in just about 7 months :)

Not a blenny lover? pshhhhst... Look at this blenny and tell me he isnt cool looking

img_1555650_0_672995ca9ef431ebe472e172f57cc49f.jpg

there are a lot of fish that i think are cool looking but never really wanted, esp lionfish i love the way they look, but they just dont happen to play nicely... blenny's: i was like they're neat, but not for me.

btw i think it needs to be my sons fish cuz he threw a huge fit when I tried to move away from that tank... I was able to get him to calm down when their tortoise started down the aisle.

Nice! Does he knock over your coral? Thanks! Are they all reef safe?

Nope, Bob is quite gentle and just slides around the tank. But some sea hares "ink" which can be a very very bad thing. I have handled bob several times and he has yet to ink. I'm not even sure if Bali sea hares ink at all from what I have read.

Was wondering about that. Was thinking about getting one for the 210 when it's up. But still not sure. Just think the sea hairs look cool.

The sea hare is so ugly he's adorable! he feels like a big marshmallow! Just have to really watch him to make sure he doesnt get sucked in by anything. Mine has been really good, he even cleans the powerheads while they are running which makes me very nervous. They dont' often last long in an aquarium though, either due to starvation or getting sucked up in stuff. I've been very lucky with mine. I also have found him floating around on the top of the water a few times and have had to "rescue" him so that might have played a part in his longevity. :)

Wow. Hmm. Not sure if I want to go through all that yet. But maybe once I het things going.

It's a nice addition and I like to have stuff that not everyone else has so it was a go for me. lol Plus at the time I had some algae so it was a win win for me. :)

I'd for sure wait it out, it's kinda like having an anemone in the tank. requires attention and causes concern and worry at times.

I have thought about it, adding a mandarin but I'm not convinced this is the time. Maybe in a few months when the tank is a bit more established. Unless I come across a really fat and large one LOL. I just don't want lose it in such a big tank hehe

If there s anyones fish that's fat and happy it would be her blenny...but I really think u should stop deep frying its food carry

That silly blenny eats everything, bloodworms and clam meat too. He's supposed to be a herbivore too. lol

Can't wait to see what you get for Friday Fish Shopping tomorrow. Do you think you will get anything for this tank?

Depends on what he has in stock. ;-)

he did say he was gonna be getting some cool fish this week so hopefully theres something good. lol

I;m in the market for blue reef chromis and a midas blenny. i wouldnt mind another anthias though hehe...I love surprises but in another way I wish i knew what came in this week.

Depends on what he has in stock. ;-)

he did say he was gonna be getting some cool fish this week so hopefully theres something good. lol

I;m in the market for blue reef chromis and a midas blenny. i wouldnt mind another anthias though hehe...I love surprises but in another way I wish i knew what came in this week.

Anthias are very cool. I do like Midas Blennies, and Chromis too though. Especially because the Chromis school.

Back
Top Bottom