Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I managed to get the coral in, but it broke in the bag so now I have a large coral and one a few inches. Hoping the smaller one will be ok in the 20g, not quite sure where it broke off from its such a maze of branches. lol

But heres some shots of the new coral. It looks much better in person I think, alot more color to it. :-D

It looks great! Nice piece!

I love it. Very nice coral. Looks kind of like the Birds Nest I saw last weekend. I almost bought it but decided on the Frogspawn instead. Seriously thinking of stopping on the way home tonight. :)

Yep, it's a nice hue of neon green, plus it was big enough so you can actually see it without having to search for it. LOL I love my birdsnest, though I'm now rethinking if it IS a birdsnest. I think it may be a stylophora instead...

What do you guys think? Birdsnest or stylophora?

img_1626481_0_b750a7b5400c409523e983774657a283.jpg

It doesn't look like the Birds Nest I was looking at last weekend but it is gorgeous whatever it is. LOL The LFS I was at was one of the most knowledgeable in Atlanta so I trust she knew what it was when I asked her. I had long "fingers" with a blue main trunk and light blue polyps all over it. Very nice. But I love that one. When you find out what it is, let me know. I want to find one. :)

Thanks twitch. :)

I love shopping day! And tomorrow I have a frag/reef club meeting so I'll most likely be getting more. And I emailed with the guy from the raffle from last weeks convention and he keeps saying corals, as in plural so I think I have some nice pieces coming my way. Sooo excited! I'm also thinking of starting to add coral to my cube now since I'm getting so many. lol I'm almost filled up in the 125g kinda, unless I do some major renovations again. hehe...

I think purple up, in the end and honestly, isn't worth it. I had a bottle I bought last winter that I just finished up with a few weeks ago. I never noticed any increased growth of coralline while using it. I do however think that it's pretty useful when aiming your powerheads. It makes the water milky and you can see the flow of the water.

thanks for the input. two more fish stores to go and ive got the whole town covered for looking at supplies and things myself or fish cant live without.

Yep, all levels are good. I've had that frag since the first tank I had, it was in my 29g LOL. It's since moved tot he 55g and now finally to this tank. :) It's been growing so well, love it!

I'm so excited! I just got my bristleworm trap today and I just caught my first one! he was about 6 inches or so all stretched out and a real fat one too. Best $9 I ever spent. i still have to do every tank too, for some reason they are rampant in my setups. dirty little worms....

img_1626966_0_8b1ee3d217db54d1daa6f503994ddf47.jpg

Carey I have a bone to pick with you, why is it everytime I come back ti check your thread, there's 3 more pages lol... and im checking everyday lol... of course im kidding.. nice investment in the trap

I've got it in there now, lol, I keep checking every few mintues. I'm so lame. It was so thrilling to get one of the nastiest ones out though. I used minimal live rock in this tank too, no idea where they all came from. Right now I'm de worming the 20g rimless, it has more than the 125g does. LOL

Thanks for always reading, I appreciate it. :-D

I've got it in there now, lol, I keep checking every few mintues. I'm so lame. It was so thrilling to get one of the nastiest ones out though. I used minimal live rock in this tank too, no idea where they all came from. Right now I'm de worming the 20g rimless, it has more than the 125g does. LOL

Thanks for always reading, I appreciate it. :-D

Good luck with your "get rid of the bristleworms adventure"! I'm glad the trap works, there is nothing worse than buying something and not having it work!

Just sat down after dumping another one. :) It's a cheezy little device but yeah, it does work. 2 so far and dozens to go. lol Just refilled the bait section and hopeful to get some more of them before I go to bed. I'm probably getting new corals tomorrow at the frag meet so I totally need to redo the 20g and 125g rock before I put more coral in. So much to do!

Back
Top Bottom