Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That first picture is a pagoda cup coral. Just got it on Friday and it opened up nicely today. It was one of the corals on my list and when i saw it I just had to have it LOL

Thanks everyone! I love getting feedback and love taking pictures! hehe

My cuc booster pack is coming tomorrow, I ordered last night. Reefcleaners is awesome. :-D

That first picture is a pagoda cup coral. Just got it on Friday and it opened up nicely today. It was one of the corals on my list and when i saw it I just had to have it LOL

Thanks everyone! I love getting feedback and love taking pictures! hehe

My cuc booster pack is coming tomorrow, I ordered last night. Reefcleaners is awesome. :-D

Cool, are you going to take pictures of you CUC? I like pictures, :lol:

Actually, i wasn't planning on it now that I think about it. Poor under glorified cuc LOL. I ordered 10 blue leg hermits for the 20g, 20 florida ceriths, 10 sml nerites and 10 large nerites for this tank. They do an unbelieveable job of cleaning at the sand line, too bad they are ugly and spend all their daytime hours at the top of the tank.

I just sold off my pico to some kid from craigslist. :) woohoo! Two more tanks to sell and then I'm done selling. hehe... I was thinking about making a shrimp tank out of it until this guy called. Was real close to. oh well....

I did take out about 4 lbs of rock from my 20g to give to him so I get to rescape that tonight maybe. I really hope the new lights and the bristleworm trap I ordered get here quick. I can never be patient for new fish gear.

carey said:
Actually, i wasn't planning on it now that I think about it. Poor under glorified cuc LOL. I ordered 10 blue leg hermits for the 20g, 20 florida ceriths, 10 sml nerites and 10 large nerites for this tank. They do an unbelieveable job of cleaning at the sand line, too bad they are ugly and spend all their daytime hours at the top of the tank.

I just sold off my pico to some kid from craigslist. :) woohoo! Two more tanks to sell and then I'm done selling. hehe... I was thinking about making a shrimp tank out of it until this guy called. Was real close to. oh well....

I did take out about 4 lbs of rock from my 20g to give to him so I get to rescape that tonight maybe. I really hope the new lights and the bristleworm trap I ordered get here quick. I can never be patient for new fish gear.

CUC deserve pictures too! LOL.

I am impatient for everything!

carey said:
Gonna leave in a few minutes to go to the coral show they are having at the convention center. :-D

I bet I come back with something, also gonna stop by a new coral store on the way home that is having a huge tank upgrade sale on all their corals. They even have live rock for 2.99 a lb which is a beyond excellent price for LR in this area.

Wish me luck guys, supposed to be ALOT of giveaways and theres a raffle too. They are raffling off MH, ro systems, ato's and so many other cool things. I hope I win something LOL

Will update later as to what I find. :-D

Is it the Frights and Frags show?

Yep. I apparently won some stuff, the guy has to call me back with what I won. He said a gonipora and a piece of equipment maybe. :)

Yeah, me too!! I only entered the raffles for a quattro doser pump, a huge thing of coral supplements and an ATO. So it must be one of them if I did win one. he said he thought I won equipment but he'd have to check today. :-(

I really really want the doser pump, I could for sure use it. Plus it retails for over $500 lol.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. At least i got a coral so far, and gonipora's arent cheap so I do have that at least. hehe... Hope the coral is a nice size one, I can't remember how big it was when I put the raffle ticket in. haha

Reefcleaners order just came :) My snails and hermits seem to be just fine. As usual, great packaging and service. Little bit disappointed that the macro algae I ordered is kinda small but I guess it will grow.

Some cuc pictures since no one really takes photos of them LOL

img_1620996_0_6523d6f9b890846f73cd3e2495d505b5.jpg

img_1620996_1_344f19bc445a613472208f22366c1050.jpg

img_1620996_2_21981da51c51f816083787918ced678f.jpg

img_1620996_3_36649383dc7dfb69d751f26af0e978ab.jpg

Wow! Those are some gorgeous CUC. (Ok, so if we are pumping them up by taking pictures we might as well go over the top a bit and make them feel really special). :)

LOL. Poor cuc, under rated and undervalued. All I know is those nerite snails do a fantastic job of cleaning the grunge where the sand meets the glass. Far from pretty but they get the job done. :) I haven't overloaded the tank with cuc so it's nice to add some here and there. I could most likely use alot more but I wanna keep it simple.

SHOPPING DAY! LOL I went a shopping and got myself a very nice SPS. A green pocillopora. It's actually pretty large, about 5-6 inches at least. :) It's temp acclimating right now but pictures to come!

You always do! Thanks for the interest, it makes it really worthwhile to have people comment on your tank. I love the input!

Now I just gotta see if I can fit the coral through the opening between my lights and the tank LOL. It's in my sump right now...hopefully I can get it in the tank without needing my b/f's help to take down the lighting. :-D

LOL. Poor cuc, under rated and undervalued. All I know is those nerite snails do a fantastic job of cleaning the grunge where the sand meets the glass. Far from pretty but they get the job done. :) I haven't overloaded the tank with cuc so it's nice to add some here and there. I could most likely use alot more but I wanna keep it simple.

Thanks for the heads up on the nerite snails. I've been looking for something to help where the sand meets the glass!

It's true! It is so exciting when people get new stuff! Good luck with your hood, I hope all goes well! :)

I managed to get the coral in, but it broke in the bag so now I have a large coral and one a few inches. Hoping the smaller one will be ok in the 20g, not quite sure where it broke off from its such a maze of branches. lol

But heres some shots of the new coral. It looks much better in person I think, alot more color to it. :-D

img_1626385_0_721a4584d52c0b1b8250e5b3b1c86d00.jpg

img_1626385_1_6ca06f9411468babf8a8ca1e4c276920.jpg

img_1626385_2_e95f7db4ee296d1b5145230b4e377edc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom