Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are really too nice! I love taking pictures, it's like art to me. Wish it looked half as good in the pictures that it does in real life. Always looses something through my camera....

BUT THANKS!!! lol

You guys are really too nice! I love taking pictures, it's like art to me. Wish it looked half as good in the pictures that it does in real life. Always looses something through my camera....

BUT THANKS!!! lol
They still look great though, especially the one of the Green Ricordia!

Took a living room tanks video showing all 5 I have in there. Blue 2 is still in the kitchen but he is now in a 25g tank. He's getting more deformed every day so I don't know how long he can hold on. It has been almost a year and a half though since he was separated from the others so who knows... lol

here is my video, hope you like, nothing too great but just an average day here.

http://youtu.be/XEJPueswO-s

So happy there is a new video, it is lots of fun watching tanks! :)

I have been having an issues with my Tangs and sheet algae in my 125g. The always rip the algae off, and then it gets stuck on the overfolow :nono:. The clip doesn't come off, but the algae does.

Oh, and the device that shows your pH...what is that called again? Thanks!

The tanks look fantastic! I love how your Flame Hawk is just chilling out on your frag rack, he isn't shy at all! :)

Also, when you moved your frag racks over, did you have to acclimate them to the temp? Or can they just be moved over? Thanks!

Last edited:
Carey, all I can say is WOW!!! What beautiful tanks. Thank you for sharing them with us.

The reefkeeper is the controller which shows the ph and temp. I havent gotten the salinity module yet, but working on it. lol

I would highly recommend the two little fishies algae mag clip. It was real expensive, to me anyway, but it seems to be working. I did get it in an LFS yesterday so I paid like double the price, you can get one online for like $12. :)

The reefkeeper is the controller which shows the ph and temp. I havent gotten the salinity module yet, but working on it. lol

I would highly recommend the two little fishies algae mag clip. It was real expensive, to me anyway, but it seems to be working. I did get it in an LFS yesterday so I paid like double the price, you can get one online for like $12. :)

Great thanks, my overflow doesn't like the algae as much as my Tangs do, LOL.

You do have the little plastic grate over the input of your overflow right? The part in the tank where the water goes into? Mine catches all the wayward seaweed.

I think I have that. I haven't added anything to it though. The algae doesn't get sucked down to the sump, it just stays pressed agaisnt the overflow, so I think I have it. :)

Thanks!

@Carey, I use the Two Little Fishies clips with the suction cup. The clips do wear out over time (6 months) and need to be replaced. I had an issue with a couple a few years ago and Julian Sprung sent me a bunch of them as well as other products for reporting the problem to him and sending him both the problem clips and the new ones I hadn't used yet. He's truly concerned with quality control and knew exactly what was wrong and why. Those clips are the best on the market, and I think I've tried them all.

Very nice aquatic zoo you have there. A lot of variety-great job. Was it hard to setup the ato with the reekkeeper? I have them but haven't set it up yet.

You have to splice two wires from the float switch to the main rkl head unit switch port. I thought it would be hard but it actually was easy. :)

Great! Thats my Saturday morning project.
The tank with the mandarin-what is the yellow fish in the tank?

I have a yellow citron goby in the cube with mandy. i also have a yellow watchman but he's white so it must be the citron. One of the larger clown goby types, very nice fish to have. :)

Took a few pictures today, i think a couple are actually good. lol

img_1841189_0_294bc19f398d4740fb3230b5a94d2450.jpg

img_1841189_1_d60a1999bd543ba39d11cab024a786fd.jpg

img_1841189_2_cc58b022ede47bd6058f7bd431aaee59.jpg

img_1841189_3_f5f4cc060b4f44eee7ad5a5c7826ad24.jpg

img_1841189_4_aa9cdd0d9760a940cbf70bc9316174f3.jpg

img_1841189_5_fdf782c120f1c184d94197243bb3b26f.jpg

Thats just a green warpaint clown goby. :) he is such a little character! he loves to hang out in the corals, he nests in my toadstool. lol

Back
Top Bottom