Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got some new aquisitions!!! So happy!

Got a pom pom crab for the pico, a blue caribbean tang (yes he's yellow as a juvenile and a squareback male anthias!!!!

img_1406948_0_7a028e8fb4b953976f03174baeb3b196.jpg

img_1406948_1_b2126b4d1fd43130515a19a5a8b5724f.jpg

img_1406948_2_b0e1464a57cf16d0c540083accc4e753.jpg

He's too tiny I think for a 10g. But he is adorable. Waving those little anenome pom poms.LOL

I'll try to get some pictures of the fish in the tank once they settle down. The anthias is a nice sized one too. :)

Looks cool. I didn't know that Caribbean blue tangs were yellow as juveniles, I bet people try to get refunds for them all the time lol.

They had one today that just started to change to blue but he had a scuff on his side so I went with the yellow one.

Which may be a mistake. I am having aggression issues between the three tangs. They are chasing the caribbean blue. I have the lights off so it seems to have stopped for now. if it doesnt resolve itself by Monday i may take him back. i knew i should have added them all at once.

carey said:
They had one today that just started to change to blue but he had a scuff on his side so I went with the yellow one.

Which may be a mistake. I am having aggression issues between the three tangs. They are chasing the caribbean blue. I have the lights off so it seems to have stopped for now. if it doesnt resolve itself by Monday i may take him back. i knew i should have added them all at once.

Sometimes fish , like people just need a few days to iron out their differences.., hopefully by Monday everything will be cool in tangland...:)

Can't you take them all out and re-acclimate them at the same time? Or too much stress?

That's a very beautiful fish you have, Carey! I'm so jealous. :D
How are the tangs doing? Still chasing the newcomer?

It's been a weird day in tangville. LOL

the anthias started hanging out with the blue tang and chasing the other tangs away. Now it seems they are all ok together. The yellow will chase him a little bit every once in awhile but it's 100% better than yesterday. Although from dodging in the rocks the new blue has some scrapes on his side, nothing too major but I can see them.
I've also seen every fish eat so I feel like that hurdle is over.

Thanks for asking.! :-D

Well I'm very happy to hear things are getting better with them! :D
I always feel so frustrated when fish don't get along! I hope your tangs will be good to each other. :)

Back
Top Bottom