Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When the LFS tell me something to buy I say "hmm" but inside of me I'm saying "lalalalala I'm not listening, don't waste your breath". When I go to the LFS I already know exactly what I want, lol.

I usually know exactly what i want. it's so really cute fish that get me everytime. After some chopping today i think I have updated my to buy list:

still want the caribbean blue tang, supposed to be in tomorrow so we'll see
instead of a school of anthias i think I'm gonna go with blue green chromies. Like alot of them. Then i may add a trio of bartletss anthias and maybe a squareback anthias. I figure I can get a better school of fish cheaper with the chromies and they are durable fish it seems.

I have 2 chromis in my 125. They are the only original 2 left from when I bought the tank. They must be pretty hard cuz as you know, that tank has been through a lot.

carey said:
I usually know exactly what i want. it's so really cute fish that get me everytime. After some chopping today i think I have updated my to buy list:

still want the caribbean blue tang, supposed to be in tomorrow so we'll see
instead of a school of anthias i think I'm gonna go with blue green chromies. Like alot of them. Then i may add a trio of bartletss anthias and maybe a squareback anthias. I figure I can get a better school of fish cheaper with the chromies and they are durable fish it seems.

Once the Chromis realize they have no natural enemies in the tank they will start fighting amongst themselves .They are actually a mean fish.

Since I'm in a chatty mood I thought I'd share some of my recent thoughts on this new 125g.

First off, I love the Kole Tang. he is the most active fish ever, even more so than the yellow tang. If you have the tank for a Kole I highly recommend one. :)
As far as my overflow issues I have to say the CPR continous overflow is by far one of the best inventions EVER. No priming no issues at all. And keep in mind this is coming from an absolute noob as far as overflows and sumps.

I've also changed my mind on my tang stocking. I don't think I want the timini anymore, if I do go for a 4th tang i might like the mimic half black one at LA.

About the stocking.....LOL

I want to add the chromis, maybe like 8 of them. I was told that was a good starting number. I also fell in love with the bartlett anthias's I saw yesterday so I may go with 3-4 of those. As far as anthias I also wanted one male squareback one, it was something else in the tank I saw at my LFS yesterday.

I know that was alot to read but wanted to share.

Any thoughts on my new stocking ideas? Are the chromis really gonna be that big of a problem? From what I've heard they are pretty mellow kinda anyways....

It was alot of work and money. But I just sit in front of the tank having a smoke and watching. I do it for hours a day. I can't wait to get some more active fish.

I've also noticed now in the big tank my royal gramma actually swims around, before in the 55g you never saw her for days sometimes as she hid in the rocks. Or it could be the two new fish that are super active that drew her out.

I'll be doing the bulk stocking very soon and then it might be a fish here or there. I only have a couple I'd like but all depends on the tank. I'm aiming for a "peaceful" tank. So far the only semi aggressive fish is the yellow tang and he's a sweetheart. lol

See, I'm too chatty today. Sorry guys :-D

They are both doing fine! Thanks!

I'm gonna go pick up my caribbean blue tang in a few hours!!!!I just got off the phone like 30 seconds ago with her. And she also has my pom poms for my pico!

A GLORIOUS day all around! LOL

I'll be picture happy later tonight. lol Cant wait to get the blue tang, although its a juvenile so it'll be yellow.

Thats' why i always get the small ones. Even my cichlids I got when they were tiny and had no color. It's been since last year and they are really starting to color up like crazy now. i also have zero aggression in the tank I think cause they are gorwing up together.

that holds true for this 125g as well. I have yet to buy an adult fish. lol

You'll get there soon enough. lemme go snap some pictures. I'm really bored until I go to pick up my fish. LOL

You get to enjoy the fish longer if you buy young also. If you buy a full grown 5 year old fish, that's 4 less years you'd get to enjoy it than if you bought it as a juvenile.

Here's a lot of pictures! i couldn't help myself LOL

img_1406539_0_aad90d448eb468542f03c225b4eb00a4.jpg

img_1406539_1_8cf7f4021dd4a14b25b3f3f0681b67c0.jpg

img_1406539_2_e590eed9a41422bc5baba5030be3f91f.jpg

img_1406539_3_84c58d4713b3fbd7426b39d5f26dd6f9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom