Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Thanks so much for the Sump Idiot Guide for Dummy's. I think I should be able to do that. Just one more questionnnnnnnnnnn. How the heck do you power everything and not blow circuits, start a fire or trip over miles of cords? Especially with how many tanks again 9? LOL just adding to your collection for you.

I had to run an extension cord from the back bedroom to supply the main power for this tank. LOL My entertainemnt center is on the same breaker as the tank's sockets. :-(

I gotta get an electrician in here one day to run a dedicated line for this tank. All the rest of the tanks have minimal draw, heater, lights filter basically.

I almost forgot, when I was taking pictures of the overflow earlier I noticed it was all gunked up so I was gonna clean it later. Well, a few hours later I go to take the sponges out and found a peppermint shrimp in there! Took forever to get him out and he was alive. Go figure. I had to put in the little mess fence that came with the overflow.
I'm not even sure how he made it, theres no tube for him to flow through, he had to get by like 3 baffles to get where he was. LOL

Thanks. Glad you found your peppermint. Good idea bout dedicated line and the electrician. I only work with a bunch of electricans and mechanics and that just totally slipped my mind. 2 more work days then off 2 weeks. I go brain dead fast at work these days. And the kicker to the above is...........I work in a power plant lol. Now laugh and agree and say yep brain dead :)

side note: my poor rock is still in the boxes, i just don't have the energy to take it out.

i wonder if its possible to breed a bw percula and an ocelleris (sp?) clown....be kinda coollooking if it had a mixture of colors

I think the black and white you are referring to is an Ocellaris... especially if it is from ORA... But I do think it is possible for a B&W Ocellaris and an Ocellaris to mate, and I think mine might be pairing up...

Now I don't think the color mixture would what you think. If I remember correctly when they mate there are dominate traits and traits that aren't dominate. I don't know for sure but I think the B&W would be a recessive trait and there for a majority of the babies would come out like a normal Ocellaris with maybe a few new striping pattern.

I don't know for sure, it has been a while since I took Biology.

PistolPete said:
I think the black and white you are referring to is an Ocellaris... especially if it is from ORA... But I do think it is possible for a B&W Ocellaris and an Ocellaris to mate, and I think mine might be pairing up...

Now I don't think the color mixture would what you think. If I remember correctly when they mate there are dominate traits and traits that aren't dominate. I don't know for sure but I think the B&W would be a recessive trait and there for a majority of the babies would come out like a normal Ocellaris with maybe a few new striping pattern.

I don't know for sure, it has been a while since I took Biology.

You are right, most would be orange some would be black and a few would have wierd markings. It`s how ora gets their designer fish, and why a black ice ocellaris is so expensive.

OK gang, I've got bad news. I don't think my caribbean Blue tang is gonna make it.

He has been hiding behind the rocks all day with the anthias which is kinda what they do. BUT he finally came out and he is a mess. he has blotchy spots all over him, not ON him but his actual color. it was similiar to when he was stressed the day I broguht him home, he had dark brown stripes. he now has dark brown dots, his fins are all messed up, he just doesnt look good. I'll try to get a picture but it's doubtful. He didn't eat tonight at all either.

No one has been bothering him at all since the first night he came home so it's not that. he is all buddy buddy with the anthias anyways so the other tangs wouldnt dare to bother him.

What should I do? i don't think i can catch him even though he looks like crap, I thinkk he can still avoid the net. I can't break down 200lbs of rock to get at him..

Please advise, I am freaking out here!!

Is there any way you can partition of the rock to make the space he is in smaller and the capture easier? If you can do that you can avoid breaking down the whole tank.

Im sorry to hear about your tang. Good luck.

I have two skunk cleaners, only my goby and yellow tang have gone to them yet.
ammonia- 0
trites-0
trates-2.5
salinity- 1.025
ph-8.3
alkalinity- 10

Oh, also when i bought him the guy said that he specifically dipped the fish for me seeing as it was a new tank and I already had tangs. I do not know what he dipped him in, I know they run copper in their fish system though.

Here are some pictures from this morning, best i could get.

Any ideas? he seems to be wasting away but was eating yesterday morning.

img_1416880_0_17472128e4a44095d7b0e6212fdb84ba.jpg

img_1416880_1_c4f9213ddec705fe4a4c60483efad365.jpg

img_1416880_2_b1fa047265a74f3271c0d54acb915b89.jpg

He likes the NLS flakes and pellets and have been feeding tank several different frozen preparations. He was eating like a champ until yesterday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom