Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So if i cant wire my house i should buy candles Sorry were getting off track here

I'm pretty sure electricity/candles are a little different than living beings.
This is part of being a responsible reef-keeper. She NEEDS to be able to get into her tank. That's a fact you really can't argue with.
Now let's stop flaming about it and maybe come up with another idea?

Last edited:
jenatron said:
I'm pretty sure electricity/candles are a little different than living beings.

I think you totally missed the point but lets all just move on and try to help Carey with the issue at hand

I think you totally missed the point but lets all just move on and try to help Carey with the issue at hand

You're making it off-topic as well by saying that?
I didn't miss the point. I got it. It's just not a good analogy for the situation. Thanks for undermining my intelligence though.
Anyway, good luck Carey. I really do hope he makes it out okay.

jenatron said:
You're making it off-topic as well by saying that?
I didn't miss the point. I got it. It's just not a good analogy for the situation. Thanks for undermining my intelligence though.
Anyway, good luck Carey. I really do hope he makes it out okay.

I'm not really trying to get dragged into a back and forth with anyone I said three times lets all move on this is the last comment I will make on that matter

I gotta admit, and I know your intention was not to make me cry but it did. I have gone above and beyond to make my fish happy. You also have to admit this was never brought up by anyone during aqny of my builds or research. It just wasn't on the radar. I have no access to the tank for approximatley 9 hours a day. I have setup a backup plan now. I have a friend who would have come over 15 min away but he needed a ride. I also have my soon to be father in law who is 25 min away. I found all this out and made the options available in case this happens again.

As far as the fish, he was swimming near the top of the water, and i managed to net him. He was in the empty 55g while I setup the 10g qt.

he is now in a half filled 10g tank with 2 air bubblers and a dose of all natural voogles supposed fish immune booster. I don't know where to go from here. it's not ich.

I spoke to the lfs that I got him from, he recommended hyper salinity, so the 10qt is lower than where he was at.

He has what looks like his face peeling, his eyes are clear and his fins look ok. His back blue top fin is pretty much black right now instead of blue.

So that is where I'm at.

I thank you all for your suggestions while I was off freaking out. I appreciate it. I'm still freaking out, I just don't know what to do next.

I didn't mean to make you cry and I am sorry for that, but I felt it was important to be said. I had no idea you had no ability o get into your tank or I would have said it earlier. It's super important to act quickly in cases of illness like this to save a fish's life. The life of an innocent animal is most important to me.

it sounds like you may have a case of marine velvet, and an advanced case if the skin is peeling. Qt and treat with copper ASAP or else it sounds like you're gonna lose him.

I'm sorry for your dilemma right now.I am glad you were able to get him in a separate tank.It might be best right now to cover the tank from light and give him some safe quiet time.At this point anymore treatment would probably not help,not knowing for sure the cause or what to treat for.
Maybe you will get lucky and he will start showing some improvement.
Good luck,
Rick

It's ok It is only through caring for something do we come to love it
My response was to what in my mind was a predatory response to your distress
Again sorry if i offended any one.

I have the 10g covered with a towel so its dark in there, it's just on the floor next to the 55g. I will try to get some pictures. He swam around for a few seconds each time I moved him. He is now on his side last time I checked though.

Here he is
I have on hand, amoxicicilin, pennicilin, and mela fix. i also have cupramine.
The lfs guy said tangs are very sensitive to the copper products and not to use it.

what now? Can anyone tell what he's got?

img_1417207_0_c99b2bc1295e7e9aaac5d882d6d51c64.jpg

Would the cupramine be a good thing to add then? I've never had a sick fish before and I'm clueless.

I have alot of corals, but he looks in way way bad shape for just a sting. I don;t have any nems in the tank either.

Just added the cupramine. He's still alive but still on his side.

Thanks for the thoughts. My fingers are crossed too!

Anyone think adding some amoxicillin or pennicilin would help? Or would it just hurt now....

Id give it some time to much of a good thing, thing some times mixing meds is worse than none

Back
Top Bottom