Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine it was clear ich, I tried to put some medication (that don't kill my inverts), all my 6 fishes gone in a week, it was my last add the coral beauty.
I am going to travel in 2 weeks I will think about and then when I will return I think I will restart everything from scratch.......will see.

Thread jack mlanda dont do it just leave your tank fallow for 8 weeks bring the temp up to 80-82 degrees you'll have to wait just as long if you start over and you may still have ICH just feed the inverts and wait it out. QT every thing it's the best we can do to protect our tanks.

Yep, if you'll be gone two weeks that's 2 weeks outta 6 that are done. Then its' only four more weeks and in the meantime you can set up your qt ans get some fish sometime after since they have to be in qt for a few weeks as well.

Thanks folks for your feedback, I will do it.
The QT was already set up, it was just that I never have to use it, until this thing happen.

Well, I did it again. Got myself a new fish. This timeits a diamond back sifting goby. I went to petco for some mysis ahd since they couldnt find the sku for the fish gave it to me for $12. Can't beat that! I will put him in the 125g directly as I'm not sure about the food source in the qt tank.

He's acclimating but I expect to have pictures up in about an hour.

Not too sure I will like all the sand sifting, I heard they do ALOT but I did wanna try one. So now is my chance for only $12. LOL

Why cant I ever catch a break on fish pricing? Congrats thpugh. the sand sifting is pretty cool. Esp bc it will change shapes from day to day

I'm a sucker for pictures so heres one of him in his accliamtion bucket. :) Also couldnt resist throwing some in of the blue tang. darn, that fish is quick, I think next time I'll just make a video if him, took like 30 shots to get 2 decent ones. lol

I hope the goby doesnt change my sandscape too too much, I ahve been warned about them. i also hope he gets along with the pink spotted watchman that i have who doesnt sift a single grain of sand ever. LOL

img_1514194_0_111dc763101c823bc9b7c15cf9f86939.jpg

img_1514194_1_decc98114b7213a7b0795a0f88421889.jpg

img_1514194_2_b012d66109f5a2d92d14a468b8dcf818.jpg

I'm a sucker for pictures so heres one of him in his accliamtion bucket. :) Also couldnt resist throwing some in of the blue tang. darn, that fish is quick, I think next time I'll just make a video if him, took like 30 shots to get 2 decent ones. lol

I hope the goby doesnt change my sandscape too too much, I ahve been warned about them. i also hope he gets along with the pink spotted watchman that i have who doesnt sift a single grain of sand ever. LOL

img_1514197_0_111dc763101c823bc9b7c15cf9f86939.jpg

img_1514197_1_decc98114b7213a7b0795a0f88421889.jpg

img_1514197_2_b012d66109f5a2d92d14a468b8dcf818.jpg

Cool pictures. I was wondering, what do you feed your blue tang and how often? Thanks.

Idk its hard seeing thru the dirty glass;) I love him:) always a fan of the lil guys. Plus gobies are such an added bonus because they poke theor heads out .

The dirty glass is the stupoid coralline algae spreading everywhere. lol Just havent bothered to scrape it off this tank, dont wanna stress the tang out if at possible. Plus I;m sellingit so I figured I;d give it the cleaning of its life before sale. :)

I love gobies, they had just sold a yellow clown goby, the last one, I wish I could have added him too. lol

I;ve been feeding the tang pellets, mysis, emerald entree and crushed up seaweed which he doesnt seem to want to eat. He also like flake food too. All NLS food but the frozen.

carey said:
The dirty glass is the stupoid coralline algae spreading everywhere. lol Just havent bothered to scrape it off this tank, dont wanna stress the tang out if at possible. Plus I;m sellingit so I figured I;d give it the cleaning of its life before sale. :)

I love gobies, they had just sold a yellow clown goby, the last one, I wish I could have added him too. lol

I;ve been feeding the tang pellets, mysis, emerald entree and crushed up seaweed which he doesnt seem to want to eat. He also like flake food too. All NLS food but the frozen.

Hahaha I love your answer. Wish I was closer to you, id pick up that tank in a heartbeat

Isn't sand sifting supposed to be a good thing with a dsb? Not like it's a tank rearranging cichlid is it? I guess we will know by tomorrow if all your sand ends up on one side of your tank.

I also take it if you can leave your house for fish you guys down there are still doing ok and the storm hasn't blown anyone away. Be safe.

We got about a half hour of pouring rain so far but now its bright and clear. Looks like it may have missed us, thank goodness.....Gives me more time to price generators would have hated to run out today and have to get one..

I also have a pistol shrimp that makes a total mess of my sandbed each day so I;m kinda used to it. At least this fish I can watch him do it, the pistol just does it overnight and I havent seen him since hew went into the tank.
lol

Major sand sifting on a dsb isnt good. Dsbs use anerobic processes to convert nitrates to nitrogen. If a major sand sifter mixes up the sand, it aerates the sand, therefore stopping any anerobic prpcesses

Ha. See I've just learned about another thing I didn't know I didn't know. Thank you sir.

Carey I do hope it misses you completely.

I'm hoping this new sifter isnt one of those crazy sifters i've read about. i also have 40 narsicsuss snails in the tank too so they are sifting as well. I've been running 0-5 nitrates with no ammonia or trites so I think it's working out ok.

Back
Top Bottom