Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a show right here in my house, forget that "tanked" show. LOL I got hoarding and fish all in one topic. The ratings would be great I think! LOL

I;m already figuring out what can fit in the space the 55g is in now. I "guess" I could get a piece of furniture for the fining room OR a piece of furniture that happens to have a fish tank on it.

I would be very limited though, only have 4 feet of space and thats pushing it. I think a 90 or 120 tall would fit.....

Ahhh the joys of MTS.....

Get a coffee table fish tank!

I have some serious issues. Just emailed a guy on CL about a fully loaded sw 55g tank. i couldnt resist. i could always use the live rock and other stuff and sell the tank and stand.

My b/f is gonna kill me!

Ha ha ha ha. That's ok. I just talked my friend out of a nano for his first ever sw build into a new 100g. And into buying a used 90 with stand. Top. Sump. Lights. And skimmer for $400. And the new 100g he is going to be getting for stand and tank is 500. Looks like I'll be buying his 90g soon.

looks good on this side, pictures are nice. not alot of live rock though. going to see it after my barnacle blenny comes ans I acclimate him.

coffeetwitch said:
well another 55 gallon qt couldnt hurt right?

This is a perfect example of the sheer size of careys love for aquatic life. She is breaking down and selling a 55g, a size that alot of hobbyists wish they had lol

Na. I got this figured out. It will take me 6 months to a yr to get my new 210 up and running ( to much around the house needs fixed ). So then once I get it up is were it gets fun. I move my 55gal I have to my man cave along with my 36gal brackish and use it as a qt tank. Then in about 6-8 months I trick her into letting me get a 100g to go were the 55 was in out bedroom. By buying a trigger fish and being. Oh no I can't put it in the main tank cus it will wipe out the reef. And she wants a picaso trig more then anything. And a dragon wrasse. So I het both. Oh wait now the dragon is getting to big for the 100. Need to get a 150 for him. And we will just put it in the guess bedroom. Well by this point she will figure out what I'm doing and get fed up.

Wow. That's sad lol

I think you got it all wrong. Look at my tag line. That is how you get what you want. LOL

I plan on taking what I want from the setup and gear and selling the rest. It has a uv sterilizer too. No lights though but the stand and tank look clean and it has a sump and overflow.

My buddy might want the overflow and sump already adn the the tank and stand is worht a couple hundred. I can use what little live rock there is too. Plus who knows hoe many goodies he has been saving up. hemntioned chemicals and other stuff too. :)

gonna go see it today for sure though. :) Cant wait.

Oh, almost forgot,the new diamond goby has already dug himself a nice large borrow, exactly 6 feet away from my watchman gobies territory. So far they havent met but I;m hoping they don't fight if they do. The new guy is still a little jumpy though.

Anyone know if diamond sifting gobies can form a relationship with a pistol shrimp? Cause the pink wathcman I have doesnt seem to want anything to do with the pistol and it's been months. LOL

Added a red monti to the 125g today, doesn't look red under my lighting though....

img_1516155_0_233bdc52fc6bec7133f773fe439b47c8.jpg

Any advice on how to get zoas to grow faster? Just wondering cause I'm gonna have to buy frags, can't afford much else lol and I love how they look when they cover a rock

Any advice on how to get zoas to grow faster? Just wondering cause I'm gonna have to buy frags, can't afford much else lol and I love how they look when they cover a rock

You and I are in the same boat. Going to have to do everything I can with frags and just wait for them to grow. :)

it depends on the zoa. some are super fast growers (usually the ones you don't want to keep) and the really really really colorful ones are slow as molasses...lol

That sucks lol cause I want the cool looking ones, and yea rdnelson everything to do with saltwater is expensive, luckily I live in fl and get pretty good prices, still too much for me but find a way

I have soem regualr generic zooas and they grow like weeds. I need to start fragging they are so out of control. I did get 4 polyps of lunar eclipses and I already have 3 new polyps budding in just a few weeks. :)

i also have bad news on the 125g and good news.

The good news is I bought a HUGE ginormous toadstool leather. :)

The bad news is I came after about 3 hours out and founbd my new diamond sifting goby dead. :-( :-(

He was fine on the far left of the tank when I left the house adn when I got back he was in the lair of the pistol shrimp, dead.

I;m not sure if the pistol got him or he just died. He was acclimated over 2 hours and was fine when I left. No marks on him, just dead. The snails had just begun to start their buffet when I got him out.

Could a pistol shrimp actually kill a goby? I have no idea how big the pistol is now either, he has molted several times in the last few weeks and I havent seen him since he went into the tank a few months ago.

OR should I just stop buying my fish at petco? He really was sifting alot adn looked like he was perfectly healthy.

Can you post some pics of the lunar eclipses and ginormous toadstool? Lol and sorry to hear about your diamond watchman :( I never buy anything live from petco, I just don't trust it

Back
Top Bottom