Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isthe that a 3000gt I see ?? Pleaseeeee tell me its a vr4. Im truly sorry about the chromis, but as you said, it still gives you closure.

Isthe that a 3000gt I see ?? Pleaseeeee tell me its a vr4. Im truly sorry about the chromis, but as you said, it still gives you closure.

That my friends is a fully pimped and modded 92 Mitsu VR4. Had the entire engine reworked and turbos ported and clipped. It cost about 40K for the car to be complete. it was for racing. lol never got to see a racetrack before a former ex crashed it. THAT is my true passion next to fish. racing and fast cars....

The chromi went missing like a week or two after he went into the tank. So it's been a week or two that I didn't know what happened. :-( I still have no idea how he got under the tank and in the stand. Also didn't realize they were jumpers. I'll have to watch out for the rest. Definitely not putting a lid or screen over the top though, would totally ruin my "look" lol

I have a grid over the intake on the overflow, then 2 sponges in the overflow adn it all goes into a filter sock. So I don't think he went down through the sump intake. lol He was on the side with the return pump too so he'd have had to go through everything to get there. I'm guessing he maybe flipped and flapped his way further into the cabinet as he died. :-( Glad I know but it's kinda a brutal way to go....

That is so cool Carey! Next in line to my fish, is also street racing/drag racing for me. I don't have anything close to u, but I have a 87 Mustang Hatch with a built 308. My husband and I have been working on it. I was completly stock until a couple months ago when my husband finally decided it was time to build me a car! Two expensive hobbies gets tough. Right now I'm going between new lights for my 90g or a new rear end for the mustang...decisions, decisions!

Seems like i can't catch a break. My beloved midas blenny has gone missing as of yesterday morning/afternoon. I've searched the tank the best i can and looked all around the tank and underneath but no luck. :-( I'm really not happy about this. My poor blenny!

Is it unusual to just "lose" a fish in a 125g tank with 250+lbs of live rock? One of my clowns went missing a bit over a month ago and I never found him either. i also had a chromi go missing but I found his body underneath in my cabinet.

Should i be worried? Is there some killer in my tank or just bum luck? Water parameters are excellent so it's not that. ( amm 0, trite 0, trate-5! eek, ph 8.0, salinity 1.0255)

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I waited for weeks to get that fish and got it for a really good price too so I'm really bummed. Not sure I want to put another one in even. Just plain old discouraging. :-(

250 lbs is a TON of rocks! When I had a scooter blenny he would disappear for a day or two at a time and I don't have anywhere near 250 lbs of rock. I truly hope he didn't die:( one thing I did think of is that if you had fish die in you'd tank and stay in there, that speaks volumes for your tank if the parameters are holding at those numbers.

Yeah, I had Bob the sea hare die in there and I was on those tests and never a blip. Bob was pretty huge too and I had him for almost a year so I just figured it was his time as he lasted pretty long for a sea hare in an aquarium.

I'm hoping he comes out but based on how active he was he would have shown himself by now. :-( Just really sucks loosing a fish I guess, and not finding the body is even worse.

Given that, id just keep my head up and pull through this, your fishkeeping practices are way too amazing to not ultimately end up with a perfect tank. Sometimes we gotta go through some rough patches to hit smooth road right?

Yeah, just very disheartening is all. I really liked that midas. :-(

I was planning on adding some other fish soon, well as soon as I have a qt up and running. Supposed to be picking up a 20g or 29g with stand on thanksgiving from the inlaws for free so I plan on using that.

Carey did you qt your tangs that are in ur 125? Doesn't a full qt month or more in small tank stress out that tang more then putting them right in dt?

I had my tangs in a 55g for qt purposes. But that tank is currently cycling now after I nuked it with ammonia. lol The yellow tang went right in though with no qt period, but that was before I lost 6 fish in less than a week.

I am so sorry to hear about your Midas Carey.
I lost my elegant blenny last week. Found my hermits having a snack. Still not sure what happened... Params were all norm.
I saw a Midas at my LFS yesterday and thought of you too, how weird...

Back
Top Bottom