Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was expecting, right as you put the mocha in, that the missing misbar female clown would come out of the rocks.

Thanks so much for the nice compliments. Gotta love it! lol

The mocha was $25 and tank bred. The b/f picked one that was the least mocha in color too so go figure. The really mocha ones were quite nice, if I had another tank.....LOL.....

I have a question about Clowns, and since we are talking about them, I figured I would ask. :)

At a public aquarium I visited a few months ago, They had a tank probably no larger than 200g, with about 20 or so clowns in there (black and white, orange, skunk), and they all seemed to get along. Was this because there were so many that they weren't aggressive to each other? Or do you think as pairs developed, they would remove them to prevent aggression.

Sorry for getting off-topic here.

Thank you.

redsea said:
I have a question about Clowns, and since we are talking about them, I figured I would ask. :)

At a public aquarium I visited a few months ago, They had a tank probably no larger than 200g, with about 20 or so clowns in there (black and white, orange, skunk), and they all seemed to get along. Was this because there were so many that they weren't aggressive to each other? Or do you think as pairs developed, they would remove them to prevent aggression.

Sorry for getting off-topic here.

Thank you.

Good question! One of the tanks my lfs has the same thing, except he has 5 in a tank. They are bigger, so been in for awhile now.

Yeah, my LFS's display tank has a Picasso Percula adult pair and a Snowflake Occelaris adult pair. And then a 3rd snowflake. And all have been healthy. The 3 snowflakes even all share the same RBTA.

If i had to take a guess i would say it depends on the fish. I know my lFS has 3 in one tank but I know he removes them if they get too aggressive. I've seen his pairs moved around the shop. lol I think it's just a matter of finding the right fish that work with each other. An LFS has soo many more pairs to work with than we do

carey said:
If i had to take a guess i would say it depends on the fish. I know my lFS has 3 in one tank but I know he removes them if they get too aggressive. I've seen his pairs moved around the shop. lol I think it's just a matter of finding the right fish that work with each other. An LFS has soo many more pairs to work with than we do

Yeah, probably depends on the fishes personality too. :)

Thanks guys. :)

I only have i think 19-20 cichlids in the 125g, and its getting crowded fast. LOL

We are either going with a 180 or a 220 for them at some point. We have 2 giraffes and 4 empresses so that is some pretty big fish right there.

Very nice! Wow that 220 will really look awesome. When will that build start? I love your videos btw!

Back
Top Bottom