Circulation question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My father has a new 29G biocube that he recently fishless cycled, he added 2 damsels the other day as his first fish. after two days both died, all tests were at what they were supposed to be. he seems to think it was because there arent any air bubbles in the water, implying that there isnt enough oxygen for the fish. Is this a viable theory?

thanks, Brandon

tank stats
what filtration your running
water parameters ect
how long is tank running yada yada yada
all of this will help us help you figure what went wrong

You dont; need air stones or stuff like that in saltwater, all it will do is cause salt creep everywhere. lol

The return on the cube should be enough to keep the water circulated and aerated. You really won't see air bubbles in sw so don't go by that. :)

As mentioned above, if you have any of the tank stats and information it can help tremendously. :-D

As i said before it is my fathers tank who i do not live with. Just a standard Oceanic biocube 29G, all it has on it is the pump that it came with and all of the other standard equipment. I figured the air bubbles wouldnt matter but i figured i would ask because my dad wanted to know.
it was 2 yellow tail damsels, and from what he told me the fish acclimated well and were fine once they were released, the next day they couldnt find one, after they found it dead the other died a few hours later. there was no weird behavior from them.

i know this is vague but this is all i know, kinda sucks im not there :/

with the water parameters i cant give exact numbers because i dont have them

I have a long air stick under my rock , but it's only open a small amount to let bubbles rise every so often , it kind of looks neat in the nite lights , the hermits love it

Back
Top Bottom