clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

will8

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a 100 g tank i am just starting to add my cllean up crew. i have 8 turbo snails 1 arrow crab, waiting for the LFS to get some hermits in should be next weekend. i also have 1 cleaner and blood shrimp. i know i will need more. But how many more, i have read that you 1 for every gallon. Is this true?

Well you don't really want to add all your clean up crew at once you should take it slow. for a 100g 8 turbo's sound about right. about 20-30 nassarius 15 astrea and 10 trouchus Maybe a few fighting conch should do the trick. If you ask 10 different people you will most likely get 10 different answers to this question. There are a lot of people thay go crabless. The hermits sometimes will steal the shells from the snails.

How long has your tank been cycled for Is it cycled??? are you using RO/DI water
RO/DI typically helps more with algae than just finding critters to eat it.

You wont really need a full clean up crew at the begining since there is really not alot to clean up on a new tank. Start small and work your way up as the tank matures IMO.

I agree with Mike. Start small. Look around the web at clean up crews and get about 1/4 of teh recommended pacakge to start. You can add again as you stock your tank.

I just ordered a bunch of various snails to replenish and add some variety.

Back
Top Bottom