cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So with it reading a hair under 1.022 it actually is a hair under 1.026 :)

Sounds right to be. Have your LFS test it again IMO just to make sure your still in that 2 mark off range. I never trusted those things. Take 5 different hydrometers and you'll get 5 different readings. I've done it. I've had the 100 dollar digital meter, hydrometers, refractometers probs etc... All gave different readings.

This was the best and most accurate one for me...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4690+9957&pcatid=9957

Sounds right to be. Have your LFS test it again IMO just to make sure your still in that 2 mark off range. I never trusted those things. Take 5 different hydrometers and you'll get 5 different readings. I've done it. I've had the 100 dollar digital meter, hydrometers, refractometers probs etc... All gave different readings.

This was the best and most accurate one for me...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4690+9957&pcatid=9957

Yeah I'm gonna take them a sample tomorrow or Wednesday when I go get my clowns. I hope my refractometer gets here soon :)
FedEx updated shipping info and now I'm not getting my second power head and my new hob filter until Thursday :-(

That should give you the clearance you need for that new filter. That hot knife worked like a charm hey?

Yeah it did but the xacto knife part wasnt getting hot enough at the tip. I basically had to saw it with the blade and the blade hit the water a few times an sizzled but I don't think it hurt anything

That's good. Just a suggestion, make sure you have your rock placed just how you want it before putting your fish in. Mixing the sand up can lead to nitrate spikes. I know I moved mine around a few times before I was happy with it. Just a thought.

Yeah its basically where I have to have it it was a bunch of smaller pieces so I really can't do anything unless I use epoxy or drill them

I'll look when I get home tonight. It's a mix of brine, mysis and some other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom