cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will get here someday. I just found out my order from fosters and smith was sent from WI to MS and I live in TN lol. They sent it by FedEx to Mississippi and then is is getting sent by postal service from there back up to me. Seems like a waste to me

So I'm noticing live aquaria is saying some of the fish I want will jump out of my tank. So I really wanted to leave my tank open any suggestions?

Ok so I checked and my ammonia looks like 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 20

I just don't get I done a 4 gallon change then next day a 4 gallon change and my nitrates haven't changed

Ok from what I have read the API kit reads 4.4 higher than other test kits so do I divide it? So instead of 20 its like 4.5

I've got a oily skim on top of my water. Should I aim the power head up to agitate the surface a little. As of now the film is spiraling a little with current

Ok so I aimed it up so the water has a, ripple to it. When I get my second pump where should I put it and aim it
The filter I have coming is 225gph and it has a built in oxy surface skimmer

ForumRunner_20130128_211228.jpg

I would aim it down at the area below your heater. That's where your diatomes are forming. Low flow area.

I've got this one aimed toward bow front and surface and put the other one aimed across back if tank and down a little?

I was just worried about them both being aimed toward the same side

If it were me. I'd do this...

One on each side facing the glass in the center. One a little higher then the other put aim them both at the center of the glass. This will create the most random flow IMHO. Your filter that your using should be enough to give the surface movement.

At the same time you can always lower the water level a little to create more surface mix up.

Make sense?

Will that still get flow behind the rock at the back if the tank?

Yup! You'll create nice random flow. A good test. Once you get them all set up. Toss in some flakes. Watch them closely. Watch them and see where they flow to.

That's what I did

Back
Top Bottom