Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two clowns in QT tank there on there third day. Today both of them started to hang out a top of tank. They are getting plenty of air. Is this normal for a clown? Thanks Dewey

They are fine, as long as they are not showing any signs of hard breathing.

By the way GO VIKINGS :D !!!!!!

my false perc goes back and forth at the top of the tank constantly sticking his head out of the water. i think he is just waiting for food because any time you stick your hand in there he bites at it. it really funny to watch.

From our PMs, I know that the qt was set up in a hurry, what is the ammonia and nitrite level in the tank? On their third day, if the filter was not established enough, the levels could be rather high. you may need to do a water change pretty quick.

My maroon clowns do the same. 1 has been in the qt for 3 weeks now and he hangs out at the top and just cruises around. I find this to be quite common. I have had clowns for 3 years now. 0X

clowns

Thank reef runner and everybody else that has given me info. Yep the tank was set up i a hurry with water from main tank. The first day i got them in the tank i tryed to feed them to see there reaction. I tryed Brine shrimp ,They would pick it up and spit out alot of it. The second day i tryed Brine shrimp they would not touch it. I tryed some flakes they ate a few. Today I tryed Brine,Myisis shrimp,Flakes They did not seem interested at all, im running out of ideas. Everyday i do about 1.5 gallon water change From Main tank. Should i do bigger water changes? Water test in main tank are good.. After feeding them How long should i let food food stay in tank before it turns toxic? I have been sucking it out everyday with a hose.I think the filter might have got a few pieces. But i dont want to rinse pad and rinse the bacteria out of it.

Thanks for the info Dewey

Water test in main tank are good..

To determine whether you need to do larger water changes, we need to know how the water tests in the q-tank.

I would give the fish about 15 minutes, they siphon the food out with a small diameter hose and replace the water that was lost.

clown test rresults

Well heres the test results in the new tank. With Seacem test kit.

Ph-8.0------- Nitrite 2ppm ------nitrate .2----Ammonia 0 ----

I started today with two tabs of Marcyln two .

Thanks Duane

Re: clown test rresults

Dewey said:
I started today with two tabs of Marcyln two .
What are you treating?

Keep in mind that when using anti-biotics, they will destroy the nitrifying bacteria as well. Keep tabs on the water quality daily and be sure you always have saltwater prepared at the correct salinity, temp and ph...

Cheers
Steve

What Kind of clean up crew do you have?????? They should take care of any uneaten food like brine shrimp, myisis and others. My hermits do. HTH 0X

Back
Top Bottom