coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still no sighting on the wrasse either. moved my power head. since i was in the tank anyway. and moved a piece of rock down to the fuge. may bring it back up when i get some pods+

coffeetwitch said:
do you just cut them off a few inches above the water line? how are you working yours?

It takes awhile to grow. So mine just have leaves coming. I'm just letting them grow for now.

bad news on the wrasse... sweety pie "encouraged" me to find him. he was under a piece of pukani. just laying there. i dont think he is going to make it. idk if sw fish have slime coats. but if they do, this guy is shedding it like crazy. too much going from a day late delivery and then rehomed too soon.

coffeetwitch said:
bad news on the wrasse... sweety pie "encouraged" me to find him. he was under a piece of pukani. just laying there. i dont think he is going to make it. idk if sw fish have slime coats. but if they do, this guy is shedding it like crazy. too much going from a day late delivery and then rehomed too soon.

I had that shedding effect with a fish once. It was a bacterial infection. Needless to say he didn't make it. He lasted a day or so but that was it. Sorry. Hope this isn't the case for you though.

coffeetwitch said:
im not saying i like hearing that but thank you for the information. is there anything i can do?

Pray.... Not being a [moderator edit] But what else is in the tank?

Last edited by a moderator:
when the blenny nailed him, the blenny took off a scale. his left eye looks a little cloudy. i made food available but nothing.

i can do pictures and a vid, but its just my 6 line wrasse on the sand, looking like its laboured breath. and waiting to die. i can post them but i dont really wish to document his death if thats ok.

by no means am i saying im soft hearted but im sold on this 6 line. i will have one in this tank.

I lost my 1st 6 line too... Just some fish aren't meant to make it. I know it sucks, but take ur time with this new tank. I think that's part of the reason I lost everything but the flame. I sorry if u lose the lil guy.

thanks david. this tank is taking its sweet time. in what 2 weeks to a month its only occupants where the hawk and blenny.

coffeetwitch said:
thanks david. this tank is taking its sweet time. in what 2 weeks to a month its only occupants where the hawk and blenny.

Yeah, but think of all it has to do to really establish itself. Cycling can't be easy, then u start throwing in fish after fish to something that just got new bacteria and set up. Like asking a new born to eat a steak. Go with good, hardy fish for now. This is just my experience and opinion. I could be wrong. Look how long it took before I could keep a tang.. Lost 2 before these guys came along. And u know my other loses... Just don't wanna see u go through the same thing, Jesse...

coffeetwitch said:
i can do pictures and a vid, but its just my 6 line wrasse on the sand, looking like its laboured breath. and waiting to die. i can post them but i dont really wish to document his death if thats ok.

by no means am i saying im soft hearted but im sold on this 6 line. i will have one in this tank.

That's alright man I completely understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom