coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well from the word go, none of my tanks have stayed what they where intended to be. so its always change directions and re-figure out stocking.

but here is hoping i get one in two weeks.

ha also saw the midnight angel at the shop. good looking fish. it was hard not to get him. but im really wanting the flame angel. maybe too many red fish in this tank?

Again, I love our fire shrimp. Only see him at feeding time or if I look in the side of the tank between two rocks but still, I wouldn't trade him for nuttin. :)

then almost for sure i will have to get one next time. depends if i spend all of my fish money for an angel. or heaven forbid i save it for the clowns.

updates. i did get the 6 line and a banggai. oh and i redo my rock. why??? idk but its done.

img_1628711_0_c7d2680a77e8c98ec01be718ac6b916d.jpg

img_1628711_1_3436c652c26d7b2cb5a5a27a0326511c.jpg

img_1628711_2_f4e8cf9388c7dc11d51aad53ddd96f49.jpg

img_1628711_3_bb5ca2896f89d2542a6740abf9b3c2b0.jpg

img_1628711_4_100a7266658002ac896ca404de1df916.jpg

img_1628711_5_db9f32bbabad48b6421de5167a84c60d.jpg

img_1628711_6_f6a1358bd10bf575057518155d8039c3.jpg

img_1628711_7_7985699a08bac083b1721967fdcc1aaa.jpg

Looking great twitch! I love the little 'pools' in the rock work. How did you acclimate?

funny you should ask, ive had alot of luck with just floating and then dumping.

the few times ive dripped ive lost fish.

i know im probably *issing more than a couple people off when i say this but our big star was a float then dump. i made sure not to expose him to air when i put him in the tank, i got store water in mine but everything has been good since. he has even made a tank move with just floating and then dumping.

coffeetwitch said:
funny you should ask, ive had alot of luck with just floating and then dumping.

the few times ive dripped ive lost fish.

i know im probably *issing more than a couple people off when i say this but our big star was a float then dump. i made sure not to expose him to air when i put him in the tank, i got store water in mine but everything has been good since. he has even made a tank move with just floating and then dumping.

Interesting! I wouldn't be surprised if the drip ones didn't make it because of going from store to bag to drip container to tank.(a lot of stress)

SW equipment is the same way! Look at just how lights have evolved over the years.

ive only read, unfortunately ive only just begun sw. hahaha and fw only since june, well i think i had a 10gallon when i was a kid. its more fun now that im making the money to buy the stuff. think i could have ever talked mom into spending 150$ for a canister filter? nooooo wayyyy in he[moderator edit]

man i knew nothing back then. had an under gravel filter. i dont think i ever got my tank to cycle. for some reason i thought i had to remove the fish and wash the tank out in the bathtub to clean the tank... im not proud of it. but hey i was like 8-9. all i know is an aquarium with 10 gallons of water plus gravel was a lot for me as a kid to carry from my room to the tub. and yeah we had indoor plumbing back then.

Lol will do.:)
glad you took it in the manner in which it was intended and not cynical.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the six line doin?!
that is a very good question. i went to go look for him, only to find him lodged in a hole in a rock... gotta love reefcleaners dry rock.

wasnt moving got out the carey endorsed poking stick and he backed out. then disappeared again. ill tell you in the morning or when my ammonia spikes. :(

Coffee I am th same way. Had all kinds of tanks growing up. Mostly community and did dwarf sea horses for about a year. Just started doing freshwater back in march and. Started with salt water in august as a wedding present for the wife.

Coffee I am th same way. Had all kinds of tanks growing up. Mostly community and did dwarf sea horses for about a year. Just started doing freshwater back in march and. Started with salt water in august as a wedding present for the wife.

its been a blast. weve gone from one 55 that belonged to her little brother, he was supposed to move to stl so we got the tank. i fought it. i didnt want anything to do with that tank. then...........

Oh yeah- then had two 55 gallon tanks after I got married! But moved to a smaller apartment and gave em to my mom. She still has them both set up with a few angels in each. Lol. Now my daughter has a 10 gallon with a Beta and I have my SW tank. Lol

And that's my life story. Lol. Sorry

theres got to be more than that little bit. and if that truly is it. im glad you shared it. im sure the weight of holding it all in was killing you slowly.

Gotta let me know if this works!

gotta get my chaeto first. was gonna add mangroves. i read some where that they where good for removing toxins too. being a mech and always having something bad on my hands, i like that. can they be fully submerged or do i need extra work to make it happen. i kill anything considered a plant. its a gift.

anything that goes sexy is out.

coffeetwitch said:
gotta get my chaeto first. was gonna add mangroves. i read some where that they where good for removing toxins too. being a mech and always having something bad on my hands, i like that. can they be fully submerged or do i need extra work to make it happen. i kill anything considered a plant. its a gift.

anything that goes sexy is out.

They can't be fully in the water. At least the top inch of two has to be out. What I did was take a little hang on breeder box and drill holes on the front and sides for water movement, added a dsb, hung it in my refugium. I have lights on them for about 12-16 hours a day. I went out and just picked some up at the island floating around so I had to wait about a month for roots to sprout. But now I have nice roots and am about to get some leaves! Just make sure when your mangroves get leaves to not let them drop leaves in your tank water- this is where's all the bad nutrients are exported to and it will all just go back into your tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom