coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ha thanks david. i still say yours is better. but i think that maybe when it comes down to it. we all take pride in what we have worked for. and continue to strive for better.

i think that i kinda like that the tank is back to what i started with. the banggai, the midnight, and flame hawk... even with as much as i wanted a flame angel. that one will come in due time.

if me and sweety pie can make the 125 happen, we can get some really cool fish then.

as far as this one. i know its only been one day but im ecstatic that the wrasse and angel are doing so well. one of the kids at the store practically beat the [moderator edit] out of the angel trying to get him in the bag. almost like it owed him money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sounds like the guy trying to catch my clarkii's yesterday. He had a rough time and they was very stressed by the time I got them home. was happy to see them regain color and swim around.

It took him prob 10 min to catch them both and he kept loosing them in the tank. I bout asked him if i could catch them instead

also thanks redsea.

mdavidson: yep some people get stuck. the midnight was in a bucket that just got done dripping. his problem was getting the nox in the bag. like he couldnt stop and ask for help or stop and get a specimen container to hold the bag to free up both hands. angels have that kinda pointy dorsal and it was cought in the net.

so being fresh off the plane and in a bucket, and then the assault i am very happy he is doing as well as he is.

my clowns he cought one ok. the other was painful to watch but i had to to make sure i got the right one.

Thank you thank you. And Jesse you know that until you buy the aussie tusk, everytime new fish are discussed/purchased im gonna tossed ya a friendly reminder

Thank you thank you. And Jesse you know that until you buy the aussie tusk, everytime new fish are discussed/purchased im gonna tossed ya a friendly reminder
nothing wrong with a friendly bump to the end goal now and again.

speaking of end goal... do you know much about the Radiata Lionfish? the voltron may be too big to keep with some of our wanted fish. as you mentioned previously.

nothing wrong with a friendly harassing in the right direction!

this is where im at. i still need to get a mandarin. thats 2 weeks down the road. i know david and kurty advised me to see it eat in person. but i may get a red mandarin from LA. waking up this afternoon and seeing pods on the glass made me happy.

lights. i still need lights for the tank(4bulb t5ho nova extreme). i think i would like a monti? birdsnest, maybe a leather. trumpets, candy canes and what ever else has australian in front of it.

after the mandarin i may be ok waiting on the lights and corals if it would mean getting the 125 swapped over to salt. a happy day for me would be to start a new thread for that.

oh and i may put a 20g berlin sump on sweety pies 40.

Just wondering why would you spend Soo much on lighting if it's a fowlr?

that is a good question. the answer is... sweety pie and i downsized the 75 we had going. it kind of changed all my plans. i built the sump im using for this tank originally for the 75. once the 75 went down i got it in my head that sense she has a 40 breeder holding all the 75 gallon fish, well the ones that would fit in it, we had to get rid of a wrasse and the one spot. and i have a 40 breeder. i could do a really cool 40 breeder reef. just never changed the title of the build. but anyone that followed this build could get the info from it and still be there for when the decision was made to go maybe mixed reef. and help me out and guide me along the way too.

to answer your question simply. i wouldnt need the light if it was just fowlr but i may change my mind to go reef.

Good answer, with my birthday and the holidays coming up, I will get a good bit of dough, if I decide to get a 40b how many fish could I get?

zacheyp said:
Good answer, with my birthday and the holidays coming up, I will get a good bit of dough, if I decide to get a 40b how many fish could I get?

Probably like 9.

i think im over stocked. or after the mandarin i will be done. the only thing helping me out is that my system is 70gallons of water with a dsb in the tank and the refugium that is half of my sump. with a skimmer rated for 150gallons.

9??? well then... look who gets to add more fish. joke i doubt i will. thanks sleepswithfish oh wait i me swimswithfish... ha nice avatar btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom