coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when you do get a flame, make sure it's a very small one and pray. I bought a 4'' flame and he nipped at the tails of my other fish. the last straw was he went at my firefish and my powder brown tang rammed the flame sideways into the glass. the tang thinks the firefish is one its children. The flame had a new home after that.

BTW, only an old piece of furniture could hold that much weight, they don't make'em like they used to. And it looks cool to boot.

I bout got a fireshrimp yest. One of the lfs has em for 43. Just waiting to see what all they got in yesterday. When i stopped they had prob 20 bags acclimating. I want a flame angel bad but the wife wants a bicolor, so the flame may have to go into my other 125 just depending on how it is stocked

You guys are cracking me up! As far as fire shrimp, from what I've seen there very active and always out... I just wish they weren't so darn expensive!!!!

coffeetwitch said:
bummer. are you working? hows the tank and your new lion? have you seen him eat yet?

Yeah, I worked last night. It was dead at the club. The lil guy didn't eat, but huma gave me some ideas to work with.

Ya fires are I have seem them push 80 at lfs. 43 isn't bad considerin cleaners are alway 30 plus. Pepermints are re only cheap ones at 10

1977 myself. sweety pie had to remind me i was going to be 35 soon.

so some say the fire shrimp is active some not so much.

i also didnt know that about flame, kinda cool that other fish protect each other.

midnight made it through the night.... he was the one i was worried about the most. long story on him. wrasse is still kicking too. the blenny and flame hawk seem to not like him though. that was part of the reason i got a few more fish to throw in there. maybe take some of the attention away from him.

pod where all over the glass when i woke up a few menutes ago and kicked the lights on. i take that to be a good sign for the chance of a mandarin in a few weeks.

My fire shirmp stays between a couple of rocks most all the time. He does come out at feeding time which is fun to watch. Wish he was out more but he is still worth every penny. If I remember right, I got him for $35.00.

So Kio, you are old as dirt too huh??? Like me, you knew the Dead Sea when it was just sick right? :)

My fire shirmp stays between a couple of rocks most all the time. He does come out at feeding time which is fun to watch. Wish he was out more but he is still worth every penny. If I remember right, I got him for $35.00.

So Kio, you are old as dirt too huh??? Like me, you knew the Dead Sea when it was just sick right? :)
lol when it was just sick nice

just fed the tank some nls only the clowns wanted it. thawed a cube of mysis and everyone ate. the wrasse got his share the angel was a little shy about it but i think i saw him get some too.

some pictures of the new guys and some of the old. the midnight is the black hole that seems to disrupt the continuity of the rocks. he is still very shy.

img_1653363_0_8b6b2570e4a432fbee087971ac756a97.jpg

img_1653363_1_8367de66d8a81ad3777a7f87e85438d7.jpg

img_1653363_2_01bb8f4a3fa3d1b1c631aedfbbe2bc07.jpg

img_1653363_3_480ebde338cfec9a24b1ab62f5ed0248.jpg

img_1653363_4_d204cf39765ce1f5abef0f315e74179e.jpg

img_1653363_5_91392feb52a12d5b46670a577041300c.jpg

img_1653363_6_2484f0ef43f726515a45479720cc1c6d.jpg

They look great. Love the bangaii. Can't wait to get one. Trying to figutr out what to stock next in mine. Wife said since she has to wait for her tangs she wants a bi color so who knows what will b next

i still kinda feel like something is missing in this tank. corals maybe? the mandarin? idk. just got to give it time to let everyone settle in.

Looks good Jesse!!! And y'all envy my tank when you run around with great fish like that? I envy y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom