Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-15-2004, 10:25 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRaff
help you buy it? I'm a little low on funds now, maybe next time. 8)
ha ha ha

you know what i mean

silly guys

Old 05-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
what did ya want to know? I use the aqua-c remora 18" tall hang on back. it's a good skimmer. I got mine with the maxi-jet 1200> Don't buy it with the rio pump. As you may or may not have heard, Rio's Suck.

ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRaff
what did ya want to know? I use the aqua-c remora 18" tall hang on back. it's a good skimmer. I got mine with the maxi-jet 1200> Don't buy it with the rio pump. As you may or may not have heard, Rio's Suck.

I ordered mine this morning. it comes with the maxi jet 1200. should i get the pre skimmer boxy thingy ?
Old 05-16-2004, 05:30 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
wouldn't hurt. Although i don't have one, there good for skimming the top of the water. Some times it seems like there is a oil slick forming on top of the water, and this will help get rid of it.
ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes Sir! The AquaC Skimmers are the best by far, and IMO, absolutly crucial. SOme people will tell you that you may not need a skimmer, but that is total BS! Yeah, you can get by without one, but with all the money and time your going to be investing in this hobby, your not going to want to just get by. You are going to want to have superior water quality, so your livestock can thrive, not just survive.

I tried a tank with no skimmer once, and it totally crashed after about 6-7 monthes, due to extreme nutrient build-up. See it's an accumulative thing. Right away you will think everything is fine, but down the road you might be asking for trouble! HTH

Try marinedepot.com they have the entire line of AquaC skimmers for a decent price. You may be able to find one a little cheaper somewhere else...I don't know. Check out a ton of different web sites if I were you. I personally have ordered supplies from marinedepot.com at least ten times, and I have never been dissatisfied....ebay too maybe...you stand to save some money if you go that route
Old 05-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Yeah I dunno, I have my CPR Bak Pak 2 running now without LR in the tank and there are no bubbles being pushed up into the collection cup yet. I hope thats cause there is nothing for it to collect yet and not that its broken. we will see soon enough.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefaddict
Try marinedepot.com they have the entire line of AquaC skimmers for a decent price.
thanks for help.. but I ordered one fromPremium Aquatics thanks to this site.
I should get it mid week.

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com