Coral banded shrimp question and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jann Josh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A pleasant day to all AA gurus. I was just wondering if it would be wise to add a coral banded shrimp into my tank. I've hearing lot of mixed experiences wiht these kind of shrimp. I know that they I would not be able to keep more than unless they a mated pair other than that I would to know if it would chase, harass or even kill its tank mates. My stock consist of 2 percula clown which are an inch long and one that is slightly smaller, I also have a coral beauty about 2 1/2 inch in size, 1 clown goby also about an inch, and a sand shifting goby about 2 inch long (the love to stir up the sand), 1 pajama cardinal, 1 hermit crab, 1 sally lightfoot, 2 chocolate chips starfish and a snail. The tank is a 55 gal long with a 20 gal sump.

Future tankmates would be
1. Firefish
2. Yellow watchman goby
3. bicolor angel (yellow and blue color combination)
4. Few more hermit crabs and a snails

Am I overstocking my tank? Would they all get along (Please tell me they would)?

Please share to me your knowledge all you wise and helpful gurus of the AA board... :lol:

I have one in a 29 gal tank. It hangs upside down under a ledge of live rock back in a cave comes out and eats. Maybe it comes out at nite. Have never seen it attack any of the fish or corals in there with it . seems to be peacfull. It will molt and my young kids tell me you got 2 shrimp in there today.

should be okay. The slow clown goby may be a risk, but if it is healthy it should do fine.

I would be more owrried about those clowns killing something before I would a CBS........... CBS are harmless, don't believe the hype.

As far as being over stocked goes others might say you might be close to capacity on fish, but I am in not way the person to talk to about overstocking a tank......... ultimately, I think that you should just add the fish kinda slowly and then see what happens, watch how they act and check to see if your tank can handle the load.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll give it a try. The clown goby is healty and quite fast too. I can always net him out if he cause any problems. Planning of adding the firefish first. Will the CBS and the skunk cleaner shrimp fight, I may also add this type of shrimp in my tank. Thanks again all wise gurus.

Jason I am confused at what you are saying. You are saying clowns are aggressive? They are only aggressive towards other clowns and usually only if they are not added at the same time. It is not a myth that cbs are sometimes aggressive. Most are ok but some are just plain nasty. I have seen mine go after my tang but the tang is just too big. You shouldn't give advice if you're not sure.

I had a CBS and he quickly ate the peppermint shrimp I had, sometimes he would swipe at fish, but he was too small and too slow...the fish just ignored him. :)

Back
Top Bottom