Culligan better than tap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawkor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I learned the hard way that tap water just creates problems as I now have a huge diatom bloom all over everything. The problem is that the nearest LFS is about an hour away so I can't go there very often to buy RO water. So does anyone know if the Culligan water machines at walmart are any better for aquariums than tapwater? I'll be getting an RO/DI unit soon though.

I have an RO machine and I make my own water, but I have used the culligan water from walmart in a pinch. I just throw some Prime in to be sure all the bad stuff is out. I haven't had a problem when using the Culligan water.

I have used tap water since starting my tanks i bought ro water once just to try it but i have never had any problems with my tap water were i live nice and clean out in the country but yea culligan water is a great choice if ya want to pay that little extra for the name of the the water it could be cheaper for you were you live just to buy a ro system

where i live the city just opened a RO plant so the city "tap" water is in pretty good shape

So if I started doing water changes with the Culligan water would it start to starve out my diatoms?

Back
Top Bottom