Cycle is it done? Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caco

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok...my readings today October 28

PH.........8.0 - 8.2
Amonia... 0
Nitrite ... 0
Nitrate 20

So ...do you guys call the cycle done? What will be the next step? Do I need more clean up critters? Any fish sugestion? As my goal it's a reef with fish..do you have any sugestion about reef to start?

Thanks a lot

Ok, you have a 34 G tank, what kind of lighting (this will determine what corals you can house). You may also want to add more rock (about 1.5-2Lbs per G).

I have a red sea max 34G..they say it's a coral tank.
Do I have to do a PWC? like 10%?
Fishes?

I would do a PWC to get the nitrates down now, yes. Then, you can add in some clean up crew (not a full crew since you don't have any buildup yet to feed a full crew) and you can consider adding your first fish now as well.

I post another thread yesterday about my cycle...on that I described what I have already in my tank...1 fire shrimp..10 hermi crab...3 snails...
What you mean when you say i don't have "any buildup yet to feed a full crew"?

Thanks

Your cleanup crew grazes on algaes and other living stuff in your aquarium, which in a new tank just takes a little bit of time to develop.

Some of your clean up crew will eat waste as well. You are probably good for now. How many watts do you lights produce?

So all the information from USER MANUAL

The Red Sea Max include two 55 watt T5 power compact fluorescente bulbs with a hight-polish, texture aluminum reflector, designed specifically to attain the lighting requirementes for a healthy reef ecosystem. The lighting provids 1 watt per litter of clear blue sky color with a 1:1 ratio to pure actinic blue.

Thanks a lot

How do you like the Red Sea Max tank? Can you put it up against a wall, or do you need room behind it to access any of the components? Such as filters, heater, etc.

So far I'm very happy with my Red Sea Max, you can put against a wall no problem, you don't need room behind...(just I don't think you should have it totaly agains the wall), all the components you have acess from the top, and you have a central power switch on the side.. it is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom