Cycling question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRock

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have recently set up my first saltwater tank and want to know if it is a good idea to drop a frozen block of mysis shrimp in to decay to speed up the cycling process? Read about a few people doing this and I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Darrell

You could do that, but most will recommend a raw shrimp from the grocery store too. Do you have test kits to monitor your cycle?

I have recently set up my first saltwater tank and want to know if it is a good idea to drop a frozen block of mysis shrimp in to decay to speed up the cycling process? Read about a few people doing this and I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Darrell

That is one way of getting the ammonia into the tank, though like said above normally we recommend an uncooked, raw shrimp. A little block of mysis might not be enough to see the cycle through.

:oops: I don't have a marine test kit yet, any recommendations as to brand or which kit to have? I have a fairly reliable LFS that has been testing my water for me for free and keeping me clued in, but I'm only on day three of this tank being up and running with anything in it.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom