Cycling then cleaning crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bearpoole57

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:roll: Hi there,
My 240 gal tank is now cycling for the first time and I have a question. Once it has cycled with 160 lbs of live sand, and two pieces of raw shrimp tied in the toe of a line secured pantyhose, can I add about a quarter or third of the cleaning crew to start, or should I add them even more slowly?

There will be about 150 plus in the crew all together, and there are a "Buzillion" places for them to hide with the aquascape I did, some will be eaten with the lion, trigger, angel, butterfly,etc I will add later, but I would like to have as many as possible survive. I am just concerned about the bio-load when I first introduce the "crew" to the newly cycled tank.

Thanks for the help,

Bear

Inverts don't really add to your bio-load. I think you should be fine adding a decent amout of the clean up crew once you levels have stabilized. If you're not adding fish right away you may need to feed the inverts if they clean up the tank and run out of food.

Back
Top Bottom