Don't know much! Have ???'s :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
I don't have a sw tank and probably won't for a while.

For a standard FW tank a tsp per gallon is alright. How many teaspoon or table spoons per gallon would a normal SW tank have.

I know about the salt (marine) being different and almost everything else as well, lol.

This isn't about keeping a tank, just the salt quantity/ comparison.

For that matter, how does that compare to a basic brackish tank (teaspoons per gallon)

Anyone help me answer these nagging questions I always forget to find the answer to?

:thanks:

I don't have a sw tank and probably won't for a while.

For a standard FW tank a tsp per gallon is alright. How many teaspoon or table spoons per gallon would a normal SW tank have.

I know about the salt (marine) being different and almost everything else as well, lol.

This isn't about keeping a tank, just the salt quantity/ comparison.

For that matter, how does that compare to a basic brackish tank (teaspoons per gallon)

Anyone help me answer these nagging questions I always forget to find the answer to?

:thanks:

It would be a ton of teaspoons if you counted them for saltwater. I believe it takes me 2-2.5 cups of instant ocean to give me 5 gals at 1.025 salinity. It depends on the brand of salt as well. I did the math, and it would be about 24 teaspoons per gallon for 1.025 specific gravity

A brackish tank will have a very low salinity, I'm not sure about the teaspoons to gallons ratio, but many keep their brackish salinity at 1.01-1.015 I believe

Edit- according to liveaquaria, 1-2 teaspoons of marine salt for a brackish tank

google tells me that 2.5 cups is 120 tsp

120 tsp divided by 5 Gallons is 24 tsp per gallon!

WOW, that is considerably more salt.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom