ESV Oolitic Aragonite Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petersolson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After I gave up trying to find tropical play sand in Connecticut in December, I decided to try this sand in starting my new tank. I found the company to be very helpful; it cost $28 per 50 pound bucket. Although they are in Brooklyn, so shipping was local, it only cost $40 to ship 200 lbs! I ordered in Monday and had it on Wednesday.

The sand is very dense; it packed down nicely, and seemed moist to the point where it stuck to my fingers. This is my first tank, so I don;t know how it should be, but I am pleased with the product. Just wanted to share my thoughts. Their website is www.esvco.com.

Thanks for the info. I live in New Jersey so I could easily drive there to pick up the sand. I hope to be setting up a marine tank in a month or so. Right now I am just doing a lot of research. The info on the sand is one less thing to worry about.

Thanks again!

When I called them and offered to drive to get it, they recommended against it due to local traffic issues - since shipping was only $40, i decided to have it shipped.

I am setting up a 75 gallon tank. There is a calculator above that helps figure out how much sand is necessary.

$28 for 50# plus shipping when you can get 50# bags at Home Depot for $5.00/bag in Jersey?
I think it would have been worth the drive

hforney .. Call you local HD and ask for the Garden Department. Ask them if they tropical playsand for a sandbox. You want Southdown, Yardright or Old Castle tropical playsand.

Back
Top Bottom