few more questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noob2saltH20

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok everyone I have my tank set up. My salt lvl is .23 right now. I put about 20pds of live rock from a well established tank in mine. I don't have a protein skimmer put I did add a power head that does 150g per hour. I have a turbo snail in my tank right now and seems to be doing fine. Is there anything else I should be doing? Ps. I have a 16g bow tank.

If this is a new setup- I would wait on adding any live stock- more than likely that Turbo snail will die- Cycle your tank first before adding any live stock. Do you have any Test kits like Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite? If so I would strongly recommend it to test your water parameters- Your cycle will take awhile- Just be patience nothing in this hobby happens over night... :)

you need to cycle the tank,check amm,trites and trates the liverock will help cycle your tank quicker,go to the articles section on how to cycle a tank.

Ok ill pick up some testing kits. Well since the live rock was from a exsiting tank it should speed up my cyle correct? Also I have a question about live rock. I ddont know what kind it is I have but I've seen some that have purple growing on the and seen others with little worms and crabs on them as well. As it stands mine just has green moss\algae on it with some little white(what almost looks like thin tubes) on it any ideas what it could be or if my live rock will have little critters growing on them in the future? Ps. I can post a pick of my rock if that will help. Ty so much in advance

keep your lights off while cycling until you have stock,this will help get rid of the algae.the tubes could be feater dusters if not just good filter feeders,your lr will with time have critters all over it.

Back
Top Bottom