Finally got fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_little_tetra

Aquarium Advice Activist
My saltwater tank has been ready to go for a few months now, but I just finally added some fish last night. So far so good! Saw them eat some this morning. I have a fire fish and two ocellaris clowns in a 29g fowler.

Any suggestions for clean up crew additions?

Hermits snails urchans and starfish work great however can effect your long term goals with the tank.

I moved from a 45 tall to a 29 biocube with T5 lighting for corals and now my chocolate chip star fish is in a quarantine while the corals grow out so he doesnt eat them.

So before we can answere what is your end goal. A beautiful fish display thats cool to look at or will you be spicing it up with some live rock and corals.

Honestly a couple live rock will start growing all the little guys you need and can hardly see to keep the tank clean.

I already have live rock and it has plenty of tiny critters on it, most of which I can't even name! So I'm good then? I just want a fowler for now, but I want to keep all the inhabitants reef safe in case I decide to go that direction in the future :)

I keep small hermits and snails to take care of the light algea and debris. They are cheap and add a lot of movement to your tank and safe with just about everything. Careful using fish to clean waist. They will produce as much waist as they remove.

Back
Top Bottom