Finally!! I have fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have the best mom in the WORLD! She took me to the lfs and got me some fish. I am so totally excited, I hope I don't kill anyone.
I know the yellow one is a blue spotted rabbit fish.
But I can't remember exactly what the names of the clown fish are or their anemone. They started hosting in it in the bag on the way home! :multi:
So if you guys could help me out with names and any suggestions you have on caring for these guys... I think I know the basics but tips and tricks would be great! :D :D :D

http://www.photolocker.net/gallery.php?u=Feather&g=New-fish

Well, the anemone is a sebae and the clowns look like black ocellaris maybe? Or clarki? I can't tell.

Wow!! Those guys are just plain gorgeous!!! :D :D As for names how about 'lips' for the yellow guy and....hmmmm....'stryper I and II' for the clowns?? :lol:

A small piece of shrimp for your anenome once a week and he'll appreciate it. That's what I feed mine. My fish now feeds him anything that he thinks is food, nori, which he won't eat, coral, which he won't eat, shrimp pellets, I'm not sure about looks like he ate it today. If my clown can't fit it in his mouth it goes to his anemone.

I thought the guy said percula, but it could be just something he said at some point while I was in there. They are black with white stripes yellow lips, yellow pectoral fins.

They are all doing really well I think. The rabbitfish has already mowed down the hair algae that was growing and the clowns are venturing out little by little.

Does the anemone look like its doing well to you guys? (I know the pics aren't that great, sorry)

Have no clue about the anemonae, you really wont know the true color until later on I dont think.

They look nice though!

Perhaps black percula then. Ocellaris clowns are commonly referred to as false percula clowns also.

The anemone to me looks pretty good. Maybe a little pale but nothing compared to the sebaes I see for sale.

I'm pretty sure your clown aare Sebae's. Clarkii's i think are lighter in color, and have more yellow in them.

My new favorite type of clown is Yellow Stripped Maroon. I remember how excited i was when it hosted in my bubble tip anemone!!

Congrats! Great looking fish!!!

Why is it so hard to find pics of these darn things? I found one picture labled as a black percula that looks like mine, but there are tons that are labled as that that look totally different. :(

With that picture I'd agree with matman. :)

Their bodies appear too rounded to be clarkiis.

Very pretty combo! Even a mated pair! Lucky you!

I'll have to take a pic of my black clown. Looks exactly like yours and I bought it from Dr Mac & Sons.

matman, schoeplein, she said the lfs said it was a percula clown. That leads me to believe, that is what it is.

hey Meredith, what kind of lighting and how olds the tank? Ill prob bug you via PM on how the anemenes doing a few weeks later. I want to get an anemone a little sooner then most people suggest, but if he will do ok, cant see why not. So just checkin up on various people that got there anemenes earlier then suggested, thats ASSUMING your tanks fairly young.

But so far, everything looks great!. Wish you luck! :)

The shape of the heads and vertical stripes makes me believe the clowns are Clarkiis. FWIW, Sebae anemones are considered HIGH light anemones. They prefer to get most of their energy via a strong light source. Target feeding them generally does more harm than good IME. They are one of the more delicate anemones available. Congrats, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom