First corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ingy

Aquarium Advice Addict
These are my first attempts at corals. unfortunately due to my location on the northern part of an island in BC, Canada, selection is limited. The closest LFS is atrocious and I would never by anything not in a bottle from them.
This is what I got today. A green trumpet coral and a montipora I think. I have the montipora about 8" down below my surface. The trumpet is a bit deeper, about 14" down.

Can anybody confirm the ID of these please. Also any info on how fast they will spread is appreciated.

Attachments

• image-3109294146.jpg
    image-3109294146.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2963690461.jpg
    image-2963690461.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 72
Ingy said:
These are my first attempts at corals. unfortunately due to my location on the northern part of an island in BC, Canada, selection is limited. The closest LFS is atrocious and I would never by anything not in a bottle from them.
This is what I got today. A green trumpet coral and a montipora I think. I have the montipora about 8" down below my surface. The trumpet is a bit deeper, about 14" down.

Can anybody confirm the ID of these please. Also any info on how fast they will spread is appreciated.

Hard to tell from this distance, but that could be a sunset Montipora. That's beautiful. :) it needs high lighting to keep its color, so you might wanna move it up in the tank. And it likes moderate flow.
My trumpet has had all its heads split in last 2 months or so. Trumpets will be happy in middle to bottom placement.

Back
Top Bottom