First Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quoted this from "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist":

"Finally, and emphatically, tube anemones are not symbiotic with clownfishes. They will eat them if given the opportunity."

So, I'm confused. Either the anemone will eat the fish or the fish will eat the anemone. I'm thinking the later.

It's really a parasitic invertebrate that grows in lousy water conditions so I will most likely grow other corals and then remove it then add Clownfish.

aquafreak said:
Quoted this from "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist":

"Finally, and emphatically, tube anemones are not symbiotic with clownfishes. They will eat them if given the opportunity."

So, I'm confused. Either the anemone will eat the fish or the fish will eat the anemone. I'm thinking the later.

It's really a parasitic invertebrate that grows in lousy water conditions so I will most likely grow other corals and then remove it then add Clownfish.
It what you have is a true tube anemone (Pachycerianthus sp.), then it's not parasitic at all. They are predators that rely on prey capture to survive. If you do have a tube anemone they will indeed sting and kill most smaller fish given the chance and injest them. Clowns will as a rule steer clear of them completely.

Can you post a pic?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom