First New Fish Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't think there is an unsafe plexiglass ! Home Depot has acrylic!

Don't think there is an unsafe plexiglass ! Home Depot has acrylic!

I actually looked in Home Depot and this man tried to cut it to the right size but it didn't work out too well

Update: okay so my dad was trying to make the sump quieter. He was attempting to get rid of the vibration of the pump, but ended up breaking the top part of the plexiglass of the sump that stops the water from splashing all over the wood. So that means the pump has to be off for a few days until we can find a place that sells plexiglass that is safe for aquariums :p I put an air stone in the water so it doesn't turn stagnate. Do you guys know any safe plexiglass to use by any chance?

As far as I'm concerned - All plexiglass is aquarium safe...

Edit- You can use glass too.

Perhaps a 40 gallon breeder with acrylic dividers would be a good idea.

Well we found some plexiglass and he attached it to the sump. The guy coming got pushed back to Thursday or Friday.

Did you figure anything else out I've been following I'm interested to see where this goes keep us posted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you figure anything else out I've been following I'm interested to see where this goes keep us posted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry nothing else so far! The guy is coming tomorrow and I will all let you know what's up :)

Update: it's been about 20 minutes since introducing the chromis and they are swimming in a little group together near the sand. If they live for 24 hours then I know the 85% water change to natural sea water worked!!!

Yes, all six of them are swimming together in a little group :) so far it's been about 21 hours with them in there and they are well! I guess the 80% water change to natural sea water works! We'll have to wait two weeks to make sure about that lol ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392323294.012612.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392323309.327164.jpg

Yes, all six of them are swimming together in a little group :) so far it's been about 21 hours with them in there and they are well! I guess the 80% water change to natural sea water works! We'll have to wait two weeks to make sure about that lol

Looking great, hopefully you can get rid of those fake corals and get some real ones soon enough :) (jk)

Haha if only I had the money, experience, and lights dde1c

I got $200 of soft coral the 2nd week after my 37g cycled. (it was my first SW) you dont have to have much experience for soft coral. Now ive got a few thousand into coral, ive been in the hobby for about a year now. I think you would be a good reefer, just takes time and effort.

But of course you dont need to spend a bunch of money on coral, i would say $200 could get you lights and some softies.

Best of luck my friend!

Back
Top Bottom