First saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lost Hero

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I have a 29 gal tank that used to be my freshwater tank. I would like some advice/ tips on how to handle this project. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397429334.569276.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397429363.334691.jpg this is the tank. I hope you guys can help :)

Read and when you are done reading read some more. It all depends on what you want corals? Fish? Budget? What are you looking to do with this tank? You for sure need saltwater, live rock or base rock, sand live or not, salinity instrument refractometer or hydrometer, testing kit, cycle the tank 4-6 weeks usually, upgraded lights if doing coral. Initial startup saltwater needs to be made from rodi water and daily top offs of rodi could be routine. Biweekly or even weekly water changes.....just my two cents really need more info from you

I have thought about it so I was thinking about running a fowlr tank. As far the water goes I was thinking about chlorinator. I know I wanted live sand and rock. I terms of budgets well I know the type or system I want isn't expensive compared to most saltwater setups.

It doesn't have to be expensive but using tap water isn't the greatest of ideas depending on where you are you could have serious algae problems down the road

Do not use tap water... you will have nothing but problems. If you dont want to buy an rodi system at least get some ro water or distilled water from the grocery store.

dino

Back
Top Bottom