Fluval Sea marine & reef leds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekean45

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-2235841639.jpg

Any opinions on this led system for a 60 gallon tank to support hard corals and clams? Also have 2 T5 HO as well.

It's 25,000k - 692 LED's, and 46 Watts total - 6 unique LED bands - 120 degree light dispersion. I don't see anything about watts per led.

The T5's are a Solarmax HO T5 lighting system - 54 Watt X 2
    • Gieseman Aquaristic Actinic - 22k
    • Gieseman Aquaristic AquaBlue - 15k

Hmm, not sure but with over 600 LEDs and equalling only 46w I would say these LEDs are for show and would not support sps or clams. Perhaps someone with more lighting knowledge can confirm?

Seen these at Petco last week more for accent lighting. Check out reef breeders or taotronics . I have reef breeders and run them less than half power for sps and two clams.

That is my first thought. But I was thinking that this light coupled with the 2 T5's, for a 60 gallon tank and nothing super sensitive, it may suffice. I know this may be a shortcut but just exploring my options with a limited budget. Thoughts?

look into the taotronic leds on e bay you can get a non dimable 120 watt unit for around $100 one will light your tank but two will be better You will be able to keep any coral you want under those lights.

Appreciate the feedback - I decided to look into other options. Probably 2 of the taotronics you noted. I've been seeing them mentioned quite a bit and people seem to be happy with them.

I have three of the dimmable over an 8ft long tank water is 24 inches deep and get great growth from all my sps that sit on the sand bed IMHO there one of the best buys out there.

Is there a particular model you recommend over another? I have a 60 gallon 48”L X 13”W X 24”H. I would think I need 2.

Hey, Mr. X, dont wanna highjack the thread or anything, BUT do any of these LED lights have connectors so they can be dimmed from a controller? Or is it all manual adjustments?
Thanks so much!

Manual adjustments only. The gradual dimming doesn't benefit photosynthetic creatures, so it's not on my list of "must have's". I just use a pair of timers and do a morning/evening transition with the blues just like you would a T5 fixture with 2 cords.

Back
Top Bottom