Food and stocking tips for me (newbie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody, I am finally at the end of my fishless cycle and I needed some help stocking fish.

The fish I want are :)
clownfish (orange and black one)
fire shrimp
watchman goby
pistol shrimp
golden head sleeper goby

I was wondering how many I could stock initially (40 gallon tank w/ 40lbs lr, 20lbs ls)

Also, when it says they eat meaty food etc, can someone recommend a good food for them? lol I never considered what I was going to feed them because I was caught up in cycling.

AND if youre really nice :dance: any suggestions on some cool fish for a beginner I might have overlooked? :) *i hope to have soft corals in the tank someday too

:thanks:

Youre missing a blenny in your list! LOL They are the coolest fish ever, take a look a the them.

:)

Oh I did! :D , it was a lawnmower blenny. I was thinking of getting one but I saw them listed as herbivores and eat algae. Kinda related to my question regarding food, I did not / do not know what or how to feed him ):

If it's easier than it seems some lessons would be appreciated ! :D

I have a lawnmower blenny, he os one of my favorite fish!

he will totally wipe out any algae in your tank in no time, BUT they will starve if you don't keep feeding them algae. I put out algae sheets on a clip for the blenny and my sea hare to eat. My blenny also defies odds and eats carnivore food too, as well as flakes, pellets and anything else i throw in. lol
Just need to be aware if he only eats algae. :)

i feed that to my fish i got it free when i ordered from bluezoo they love it

Thanks I will definitely pick up a bottle then :lol:

How many fish could I add in the beginning? I was hoping to get away with maybe 3, just because the clownfish I was looking at was about an inch big. but if this is a horrible idea please let me know :] (hoping to get a shrimp, clownfish, goby/blenny as my starting 3 if possible)

i would start slow adding 1-2 fish then checking levels after a week or so and go from there

let me go further i also feed them frozen mysis shrimp brine shrimp , squid i got it in a frozen multi pack also flake food but they really love that food from blue zoo

I feed all of mine new life. It's an awesome brand. And the lawnmower blenny loves it too.

IME on AA everyone says something different. I feed my fish once a day three times a week. Monday Wednesday and Friday. My wife feeds her fish once a day.

Back
Top Bottom