freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats not a bad price.

anyone know how much glass is these days? ive got an ad on craigslist asking for a leaky tank for cheap. but so far nothing that matches what im looking for. if i can buy a piece of glass, 1/4 inch think then i can just replace the piece i broke last night

i did go to glass cages last night to look but i dont want to have to drive 3 hours away to pick it up, adds to the cost of the glass.

Why not replace it with a plastic or poly piece? I mean it is the sump, so cosmetics arent of utmost prioroty

this is true, but i have read alot saying that its difficult to get plastic to seal to glass as well as glass to glass. and then most ive seen, unless i get 3/8 or thicker tends to bow easily. im dedicating as much of this thing to the fuge as i can. reality is it only has to support 15-20 gallons (30"x12.5"). and then i question is that even enough to make having a refugium beneficial for me.

I use a 25 gal for my 90 gallon and it works great. I know it's small, but filters awesome.

coffeetwitch said:
this is true, but i have read alot saying that its difficult to get plastic to seal to glass as well as glass to glass. and then most ive seen, unless i get 3/8 or thicker tends to bow easily. im dedicating as much of this thing to the fuge as i can. reality is it only has to support 15-20 gallons (30"x12.5"). and then i question is that even enough to make having a refugium beneficial for me.

Why u need the glass? For the baffles? I used thick acrylic and sealed it with silicone. NO PROBLEMS whatsoever!!

Why u need the glass? For the baffles? I used thick acrylic and sealed it with silicone. NO PROBLEMS whatsoever!!

wellllllll, huma-huma suggested instead of buying another tank to play with or buying a replacement glass panel, just get another material thats available at most hardware stores and replace my broken glass with that, giving me 3 sides of glass.

i have options what to do with the mess i made. at the moment i am playing with ideas and options.

one option is to repair my goof up, try again with another and then reuse my goof up glass for baffles.

ive even toyed with just buying 75g frames from glass cages(i think they will actually ship those to my door.) and building my own with pre cut glass.

keep in mind this is a wrought iron stand that allows for over under stacking of tanks. the space is there. i want to utilize it if i can. PLUS it would be fun to say i custom built it... not saying building another 75g under it. just a 14" tall mini 75g.

i do stupid things sometimes just because the thought gets into my head. please see previously posted pics of my bike.

Use an epoxy instead of silicone.

and that works? man i just got used to the idea of resealing tanks with silicone and now you want to throw another bonding method at me?

my brain is still mushy with trying to learn what i need to just to keep a fish alive.

Use it on helicopters and other weird things I worked with when I was in iraq the first time. U will be amazed what a lil epoxy can fix... Lol

Any epoxy should do. It seals like concrete, yes, it'll work. Once it's dry, it won't bleed. So it should have no fish issues. Rinse it out before you fill it. I'd get the strongest u could find. Lowes, home depot, ace all sell it.

i would go with the later... just sounds like a big headache to me otherwise. But thats just me :angel:

Back
Top Bottom